01

" These all came today sumbul do your work " the woman infront of us said pointing at us .

I wanted to break her finger so bad for belittling us like this , at one point i hated my life for being in this palace .

" Fahriye do not stand up in my head go go take care of your things and leave them for me " sumbul said making a grimace to the woman and approached us .

" Gulşah kalfa come and check them for me " sumbul said calling the woman standing next to the door .

The woman grabbed me brutally from my hand and started checking me out , head to toe . After she finished with examing me she went to the next girl .

I stood there looking blankly at the concubines staring at us laughing ,i knew that my staying here will only make me hate my life .

Ask why and how i came here , i lived quite a miserable life with my eldest brother evan . I was left with him since i was little and he never left me the chance to live normally , everyday with him was hell . After our parents died he became even more cruel and always found the chance to disresoect me

To the point that because of him i was here , he  sold me to his friend who brought me here to the ottoman lands . He got payed a fortune to give me away , i already hated my life when i was with him . At least now i was free right ?

I got shook from the girl next to me poking me .

" right " i looked at her to see what she wanted and she pointed next to me signaling me to walk .

" Woman did you forget your brain somewhere " the man named sumbul yelled but i decided to just shrug him off and walk away .

I followed the line leaded by a kalfa , we kept walking for some seconds until we arrived infront of a door that the woman opened .

It revealed a bath , it was so spacious and beautiful . After her signal we all went in , she seated us each in a corner and we were all clueless not understanding anything .

The woman approached me and told me to remove my clothes .

" Excuse me why " i asked innocently and she sighed .

" I said take them off " she said reaching out to my dress .

I hated someone touching me without my consent so i just decided to do it myself

" Fine " i said taking off my dress and she offered me a towel that i wrapped around my body .

Two women approached me and sat next to me ,from their looks i understood what they wanted . I let them check if i was a virgin yet and they nodded at eachother then went to the other girls .

In the meantime i was pouring some hot water on my body , what will happen to me later ? How will i live here ? These thoughts kept echoing in my head until i couldn't think anymore .

After some minutes of bathing a girl took a seat next to me and i immediately looked at her

" I'm nadia " the girl smiled brightly and then poured water in her face

" I'm sofia " i whispered before continuing my bath .

" We all thought that the sultan was young , turns out he's very old " i looked at her weirdly . I didn't even know there was a sultan .

" Don't you know " she gasped and got closer to me ,i looked at her weirdly and she started explaining to me who the sultan was and how the palace was working and even the harem .

" How do you know all this when you just came today " i asked curiously and she just laughed .

" This palace is in every book and is very famous in my country " she said happily .

" where are you from " i asked her again as i was brushing my hair

" I came from hungary " she smiled then offered to brush my hair which i let her do .

Everyone was chatting and their voices was echoing making my head hurt that i decided to leave along with nadia . We were wrapped around towels and guided to the harem as she explained earlier

" you look brand new " sumbul smiled as he signaled the kalfas to bring us some clothes .

The kalfas came in with two dresses in their hands and they were identical , i looked at them and they looked so plain and basic .

" we will have to deal with this " i whispered to nadia who giggled .

We went behind a curtain and changed there carefully , after that sumbul showed us our beds which we quickly ran towards to . After the long trip and my thoughts i really had to sleep but it didn't last long when girls started chatting loudly .

" girls girls " a girl said running to the center gaining the attention of everyone .

" Come on sofia let's see what is happening " nadia spoke running to the center too but i couldn't move and just kept laying in my bed .

" I heard that the princes are coming to the capital " she said excited making everyone jump around .

I couldn't get into picture and didn't understand what they were talking about , i quickly forgot that nadia already told me about the princes earlier but i couldn't remember .

" Sofia " nadia called making me sit on my bed , she took a seat next to me .

" I am so excited the princes are coming " she excitedly said .

" Why would i care about it " i said honestly and she seemed to not get me

" what do you mean ? " she approached me " if you see how beautiful şehzade mehmed and selim and mustafa are you won't even sleep " another girl spoke .

I wasn't intersted in any of them as i was just busy thinking about my future and my life after coming here .

I wrapped a blanket around me and closed my eyes hoping the girls will calm down a little bit but they seemed like they won't so i decided to wake up .

" Nadia can we go somewhere else " she looked at me with a questionnable look .

" yes sure sumbul has already assigned me to do a task " she spoke brightly and helped me get up .

We walked away from that chaos and walked towards the kitchen where she had to take something from it . On our way there a beautiful woman was walking down the hallway with a man who looked younger than her .

" Bow down " nadia pulled my dress making me bow at the presence of the woman .

We waited for her to pass by us until we lifted our head up .

" who is she ? " i asked curiously turning around .

" that's Mihrimah sultan and Şehzade Cihangir " she answered quickly as she dragged me with her to the kitchen