29

1 week has passed since my last appointement with the nurse , one week of consecutive overthinking and guilt . I've aborted two days afyer  , i felt a lot of remorse and guilt and ever since i couldn't sleep or think well .

But mehmed was always next to me , to pat my back and shared my sadness . He was as devastated as i was and it broke my heart that we had to be separated with our child in such a brutal way .

Today also was the first day i could finally move from my bed and walk , i was so depressed that i didn't wanna see anyone . I felt horrible but i had to take some fresh air

" Sultanim , i'm going to accompany you " nurbahar said getting up from her seat .

I nodded in response and opened the door of my room , i had ibrahim in my arms and nurbahar on my side . I walked to the harem and i was so anxious , i never felt this weak in a long time .

Everyone bowed to me with a sad expression so i tried to walk past them without making an eye contact . As i arrived to the garden ,i immediately took a seat and breathed deeply   exhaling the air but i couldn't sit in peace when Nasuh the harem principal along with firuze came to me .

" If it's about the harem ,  i don't wanna hear it " i said turning him down before he could speak .

" No , it's about şehzade mehmed " my eyes immediatly looked at him in confusion .

" Speak what happened " i said trying to get his answer and he finally spoke .

" He was diagnosed with plague " my heart sank in and my eyes widened making me stand up brutally .

I immediately started running towards mehmed's room and i noticed so many guard standing infront of the door and doctors with their masks on .

" What is happening here " they all bowed and looked to my direction .

" Sultanim don't worry , our prince will be okay " one doctor spoke up trying to reassure me .

" How did the plague come into the palace ? How did it happen ? " i said trying to get my answers and they all said that they didn't know .

" Nasuh agha , quarantine everyone in the palace and i want evzryone checked by tonight , a single suspect will be detained into supervision " i said instructing nasuh who seemed so nervous .

I approached mehmed's room but i couldn't get in , no one had the permission to come in . So i just sat outside peeking from the window , everyone scattered and i just stayed alone there .

Tears ran down my cheeks seeing him sleeping unconsciously , i hoped he will overcome this disease . It was my only wish for now . After some good hour of complenting him i finally decided to go to my room .

I had a strong headache that made me stop midway , i kept massaging my forehead but faint whispers surrounded me . I peeked throught the hallway and saw a girl talking with one of the aghas , i hid behind the wall so they don't see me

It was forbidden for aghas to talk with any of the harem girls .

" Look , my future isn't granted in here lokman agha  . If someone finds out you know i will be beheaded and even if the prince dies ruya sultan won't let me alive " my eyes widened after what she said  .

" I don't care about you fethiye ,  nurbanu sultan told me to kill the prince . One way or another you're gonna find a way to kill him " the agha said pushing the girl against the wall .

" i don't care what you have to say , i'm finished here . In case ruya sultan doesn't kill me then nurbanu sultan will " she said walking away and left the agha cursing .

I couldn't believe my ears , so nurbanu has planned all of this and purposely let mehmed fall sick . I couldn't believe what nurbanu did , i just closed my eyes and made my way to my room .

I passed by the harem furiously and searched for nasuh .

" Firuze , bring nasuh to my room right now and come with him " i said to firuze leaving everyone confused before entering my room . I drank a cup of water and put it down trying to calm myself down

I sat down and the door opened revealing nasuh agha and firuze looking as confused as ever .

" Do you have an idea about how the plague entered the palace ? " i asked them and they both shook their heads .

" of course you don't because someone did it purposely " i breathed deeply " nurbanu has sent two of her dogs into the palace " i got up walking towards them .

" Lokman agha and fethiye hatun " i recalled their names and they both gasped .

" Sultanim , how did you know " nasuh asked in shock and i told them what i heard

" we should tell this to hurrem sultan " he panicked .

" The letter won't arrive fast , so we will move . I will punish them myself " i said determined and they stared at me

" Sultanim , now that we have them we should get them beheaded " firuze proposed and i shook my head .

" No the game will just begin , we will play with them and give them a slow punishment because they messed with the wrong enemy " i angrily spoke .

" Nurbanu will pay this with the life of selim since her purpose was to kill mehmed "