42

Today was just another ordinary day , preparing for my delivery that was approaching day by day . And i had decided to meet with mihrimah sultan today whom i haven't seen in ages , ever since we discussed  her divorce .

" Mihrimah " i hugged her tightly as she embraced me , we hugged for some seconds before we broke the hug .

" I have missed you " she said taking my hand in hers as i invited her in to sit on my couch .

" How are you doing , i guess it's coming soon " she said referring to my child and i laughed nodding my head .

" It took you a lot to come to my room is everything okay with hurrem sultan ? " i asked concerned and mihrimah stepped closer to me .

" So i spoke to my mother about divorce but she was so furious , she almost fainted from anger" i knew it ,i knew her reaction would be like that  

" I couldn't say anything to my brother " i sighed in despair before i held her hands .

" Look mihrimah we have delayed this and avoided this topic for months now , you have prevented me from talking to mehmed several times but now it's time " she seemed very scared to talk about it and that was what made her always step back .

" I know but - " she said unsure of herself as she started playing with her fingers  .

" No buts mihrimah , this should be done and now " i said standing up from my seat as i grabbed her hand gently .

" Go talk to him mihrimah let this nightmare end and let rustem rot in a pit " my last sentence made her laugh a bit and she stood up facing me .

" Look i will go and if you see me smiling then everything was okay " she said one last time as she held my hand .

" I trust you " mihrimah smiled before leaving my room to see her brother . Later then i went to check on ibrahim until my door busted open making me jump in shock and there was a very angry hurrem sultan in my room , i didn't have any clue of what she was doing here nor why was she was angry .

" Valide " i bowed down to her before she yelled at my maids to leave the room and at this point i was frightened .

" With what brain are you trying to fool mihrimah ,who do you think you are to interfer in our family problems " she yelled at me before approaching me angrily .

" Know your place and stay away from my daughter or you won't even dream to see your children ever again " her voice could be heard from very far and i just stood there looking at her .

" Sultanim you probably misunderstood me , mihrimah was already gonna tell his majesty " she put her hand up to prevent me from continuing .

" You think i won't know how you're brainwashing both my daughter and son ? " she let out an evil laugh as she got closer to me

" You go and tell her to divorce her husband , what an audacity but i blame mehmed he gave you power and made you think you own everything in here , know your place "

" Mihrimah was already suffering in her wedding , do you really like to see your daughter suffer ? " i responded back making her grow more angry .

" You are nothing to her or should i remember you from where you came ? You're just a slave and you'll never be like mihrimah " what said sunk deep down me and it made me so angry .

" But weren't you a slave too ? We both can relate to it no " as i talked back i could feel a hand lay on my cheek and it took it few seconds to start hurting .

Hurrem sultan has just slapped me .

" Uneducated , next time i'll have another talk with you " i looked at her in the eyes with angry eyes ready to flip the table but i still had to calm down .

I bowed to her before she left my room and i took the nearest item which was a mirror and smashed it against the door . I barely calmed myself as i shattered another mirror , i tried to maintain my breathing to cool down but her slapping me made me so angry