03

All i did during the lunch was stare at the tissue the guy gave me earlier .

" Sofia who gave you this " nadia said grabbing my hand and i looked away

" I don't know who it was " i said sighing in a sad tone .

" You know it's forbidden , please be careful i don't want you to get into trouble " she said in a low tone voice so no one can hear us .

" don't worry i will probably never see him again " i said sadly seeing his picture in my head .

" Attention , His highness Şehzade mehmed " Sumbul yelled making us all stand up in line .

" Oh my god why didn't they tell us " nadia said as we started fixing our posture , i didn't dare to look up anymore as i was gonna get in trouble last time with mihrimah sultan .

I saw nadia peak a little and gasped .

" Nadia " i pulled her dress down making her look up .

" I have never seen someone this beautiful " she said looking at me excitedly .

" What " i said pulling her to our bed making her sit , everyone else was as shocked as her meanwhile i couldn't even see his face .

" I should see him again , if sehzade mehmed is this goodlooking then how will the others look " she said daydreaming .

" I hope sumbul assigns me to serve them tonight , i should get there and see all the princes " i laughed at her for a second before she looked at me .

" See , look at all these girls " she said scanning all the concubines who were talking to eachother .

" None of them want to be with the sultan because he's old , everyone now is aiming to the princes " she was right , when a new was brought about the sultan no one cared .

" The princes are the key to our salvation sofia , we should grab on that hope before they go back to their provinces " .

" You are right nadia , it's better to try than to serve here forever " i said after thinking .

" Venia , Halide , Nadia , sofia and ceyda " sumbil called us and we immediately walked towards him .

He talked to each one of us privately and i was the last one whom he talked to . I looked at nadia to give me a sign or a hint but she was busy jumping happily with the other girls .

" You are assigned to tidy up Şehzade mehmed's room , and i hope you don't make any mistake or you'll find yourself out of the palace " my smile grew after each word he said .

The chance has came right between my hands ,no matter who this prince was or how he looked like i should hold on tight so i can leave with him . This was the only solution for me to escape

" Don't worry " i replied to him and he signaled me to go to the side .

" He assigned me to go to şehzade selim , i was always curious on how he was " she said happily while i was just thinking deeply about what was going to happen

" Come on we shouldn't be late " she said grabbing my hand as we followed the kalfa infront of us .

She took us to a room and started explaining our tasks slowly and made sure that everyone understood , she gave us time to fix our look and put different dresses infront of us  and i immediately chose a purple dress and put it on with the help of nadia who wore a beautiful red dress

We knew nothing will happen , at least that was what i thought . 

Two kalfas entered and took halide and ceyda away while another kalfa accompanied me to sehzade mehmed's room , the door opened and the room was still empty . She closed the door behind me .

The room wasn't as big as valide sultan's room but it was fancy , no one told me when şehzade mehmed is coming so i tried my best to finish the cleaning earlier .

I made sure to wipe off dust and organize everything good , i lightened fhe candles making the room filled with a beautiful levander scent , as i was lightening the last one the doot opened and i immediately looked down and bowed .

" You can leave " the man said with a low voice sending a shiver down my spine , without thinking twice i headed to the door but i felt his hand grab mine  , i couldn't look at him .

He chuckled and caressed the wounded finger .

" So it's you " he laughed a bit before my eyes started going up until they met his .

I froze in my place , the guy from this morning is him .

" I am sorry - " i said looking down again " i didn't know it was your highness " i facepalmed and only stared at the ground .

So the guy that didn't leave my head was no one but şehzade mehmed personally

" Never thought i would see you again " he said heading to the edge of his bed taking a seat while i was still standing .

" me too " i said shyly before taking off the tissue wrapped around my finger .

" I'll give it to you clean later " i said putting it in my pocket .

" Just keep it let it be a memory " he said smiling before going back to his neutral face .

" Why are you standing come " he said patting a seat next to him and oh god if he knew how crazy my heartbeats were .

I walked with weak legs towards him and took a seat next to him .

" Are you nervous " he asked amused while i was trying to put words together .

" No " i smiled shyly .

The tension between us was so awkward but he didn't make it last long .

" what is your name and where are you from " he asked facing me .

"My name is Sofia and i came from russia " he nodded interested .

" My mother is from there too , no wonder why you're also pretty " my heart stopped beating for a moment befote giving him a warm smile as a thank you .

Before i could reply in words the door opened and showed a man who looked just a bit younger than the sultan

" What is it in this time Ibrahim paşa " mehmed stood up walking towards him .

" I am sorry for coming like this but it's something important " ibrahim paşa said making mehmed leave with him outside

I was feeling so lucky at that moment yet so shy ? The unknown guy from earlier is sehzade mehmed .. and he was indeed so sweet .