31

Murda.

We sat on the chairs waiting for input on my dad. He got shot in his neck, arm and chest.

"Family of Big Dog" the nurse said and we all got up. "I'm sorry for yo loss"

I huffed sitting back down on the chair and palmed my face. I can't believe I lost my dad too mane.

I know tears was leaving my eyes cause I felt em and I felt a hand on my back. "I'm sorry Murda"

I smiled wiping my tears looking at her. "I'm good mamas. It's all good. Don't worry bout me" I stood up seeing Dee and Quan palming they faces too.

"Aye." I called out to them. "Y'all good?"

"Yeah" They said lowly and I know my niggas wanna cry.

"Why are we even here?" Dee slurred and I rolled my eyes.

This mf bout drunk as fuck.

I looked and seen Jessie sitting there really uncomfortable as she cried. I shook my head. "Lets go" I said and they all got up and we went to our car.

"It's so crazy how he ain't even get to Atlanta. Nigga only had bout a week of freedom" I shook my head as tears rolled down my eyes and Dior wiped them.

"Who did this cause Omar and Anthony dead?" Quan asked and I shrugged.

"Youon know nun bout this?" He looked at Jessie and she shook her head crying. "Whatchu crying for Mamas?" He comforted her

I shook my head looking away. My nigga is deeply in love with this girl. Even though she fucked him over he still comforting her.

Could never be me.

I would of been sent that bitch back to heaven.

But I guess it's cause she pregnant... ha ass lucky

"What she crying for anyway?" Dee asked May.

"Baby Big Dog is dead." She answered looking at Jessie. "Wipe those crocodile tears it's enough now"

Quan wiped her tears for her.

"Ion like her" Dee told May

"Same bae" she agreed.

"But Big Dog dead foreal?" Dee asked looking at me and I nodded slowly. "Mane" he said palming his face again.

"So all along what you thought we was doing at the hospital?" May looked at him and he just looked at her as tears left his eyes.

"Comfort me don't question me" he said laying on her lap

I looked at Dior and she looked at Jessie with sympathetic eyes. I nudged her and she looked at me. "You ight"

I seen Keely asleep.

We arrived at the hotel and we got off and went to our rooms after I cancelled my dad's stay.

"Tomorrow first flight back to Atlanta. We being watched" I told Dior as I took off my shoes and she nodded.

"You ight?" I asked cause I heard sniffling. She looked at me with teary eyes. "Mamas" I trailed off shaking my head

"Weon cry nomo. We thug shit out" I told her and she shook her head crying.

"I just wanted to give you the best day of your life and I couldn't even do that. Yo dad died on yo 21st birthday Bakarii" she said and I shook my head.

"Don't beat yourself up about it Dior. You don't even have to try to give me the best day of my life cause i already had it. It was the day you answered my li snowflake DM" I said and she shook her head laughing.

"But I'm sorry for yo loss" she hugged me and I nodded.

"How do you do it?" She asked and I looked at her.

"Huh?"

"How do you turn a blind eye on everything? Yo mom and brother died Ian never seen you cry. Laila died yeen cry. Now yo dad and you only cried for two seconds." She said and I just shrugged

"It's life Dior. It's all ight"

"And it's ight to cry Bakarii. Ain't no thugs don't cry fuck that. You can cry to me I won't judge you. Everybody cries, that's why everybody got tears." She said and I slowly looked down.

"I just don't wanna talk about it. I get angry talking about it and ain't no telling what I do when I get angry" I said. "I just don't want you to see me as angry as I could get"

"I Don't care foreal. I just wanna see you express your feelings. We all express our feelings in different ways. I cry... alot and maybe you get angry so go on" she said and I shook my head.

"If I get angry Imma wanna beat somebody up" I told her

"Imma let you have it as rough as you want if you just please talk about it." She said and I looked at her.

She got up and pulled up her dress and layed down. "What you doing that for?"

"You said when you get mad you wanna beat sumn up. You can beat this up" She said and I chuckled shaking my head

"I'm straight foreal" I said

"Sure?" She asked and I nodded.

She got up and hugged me again. "I love you Bakarii."

"I love you too Dior" I told her and she pecked my lips getting in the covers and I just sat there.

I decided to go out for a smoke and I did that on the balcony before going to sleep.