16

Dior.

My eyes fluttered open and I looked around seeing it was a place I wasn't familiar with.

"Hello?" I called out and a beautiful lady walked in the room.

She was very beautiful. She looked familiar for some reason.

"Well good morning" she smiled and I just looked at her.

"Who are you? Where am I?" I asked

"I'm Keely. I found you laying in the streets a couple days back when I was on my way to work and I put you in my house to help you out" she said and I nodded

"Wait when you say few days back... how long have I been sleep?"

"5 days" she said and my eyes went wide making her laugh. "Its kinda normal but I was scared you wasn't gone wake up at all cause the condition you was in"

"But you good now. Just a few bruises and luckily you got no cuts. Although you have a black eye, busted lip and you had a knot on yo forehead." She said and I huffed as she put a mirror infront of me

"Damn" I mumbled touching my lip. "So you wrapped my head in a bandaid..."

"Cause you had a knot" she said and I slowly nodded.

"You remember who you are though?" She asked and I made a dumb face nodding. "I was just asking cause I thought you might have lost yo memory like you lost yo blood."

"What?"

"It's okay now. I handled it. You good and ready to go... if you want to go" she said and I nodded sitting up but felt a pain on my side.

"Shit" I mumbled

"Oh yeah uhm that right there is a bruise. You lucky yo ribs ain't broken though" she said and I lifted my tee seeing I was purple and swollen.

"And here some stuff to rub on there and yo eye. I'm pretty sure your forehead is good cause I been treating it" she said and I nodded still looking at my side.

"Mane" I said as tears started leaving my eyes.

She walked over to me and hugged me. "Ion know what you going through ion even know yo name but I wanna tell you that whatever you going through is gone pass. Tough times never last"

"Thank you" I said wiping my tears and she nodded.

"So what's your name?"

"Dior" I said and she nodded

"I had a sister named Dior. She passed on when I was young though" she said and I made a sad face.

"I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mom a few months back" I said and she returned the face I gave her.

"Atleast you had one. I never even met mine. All I have is pictures" she said

"Well do you atleast know your dad?" I asked and she nodded

"But he got shot when I was ten. It hurt me so much cause he was all I ever had. When he died I couldn't even eat, I was broken." She said and I felt a tear roll down my eye

What I'm going through is nothing compared to what she went through.

"So after your dad die did your family take you in?" I asked and she shook her head

"Went to group homes, foster care to foster care. I was adopted and brought back to home more then bout ten times cause nobody wanted me. But that only made me stronger, and today I'm a nurse" she smiled and I wiped my tear smiling with her.