🌼Searching🌼

Alina

Alina walked down the palace hallway, looking around.

She stepped into a chamber which had candlelights lit up the place.

The chamber had a big red-coloured bed at the centre, a small room on the right side of the bed and also a window on the left side.

Over at the corner was a table packed with books. It had a chair in front.

Alina commenced searching the room. She went through books, look under the bed, and even searched through clothes.

She was trying to find a map or anything that could help her escape the palace. Axelrod had held her captive for 10 days now.

After a while of searching, Alina stood up holding her waist in exhaustion.

"Where would he hide the map?" She asked herself while looking around.

"Are you looking for something?" Alina jumped up at the sight of Axelrod. He sat on the bed hands crossed.

"How did you get here?" Alina inquired while glancing up at Axelrod in shock.

He got up, walking over to her.

"Teleportation is one of my powers little one," He said, taking the book off Alina's hands.

Placing the book back on the table, Axelrod turned back to Alina."Why are you going through Kai's belongings?"

"I-I-I was trying to catch a mouse," Alina stuttered out.

"A mouse?" Axelrod inquired while giving her a suspicious look.

"Yes, a mouse," She replied. "I saw one run in here, so I thought it'll be good to get rid of it for Kai".

"You were searching for the map, weren't you?" Axelrod inquired.

Alina laughed loudly at his words.

"No, I wasn't. I was just looking for a mouse," She explained.

"We are in an Ice kingdom Alina," Axelrod said. "A mouse can't survive here".

Alina mentally slapped herself for picking up such a stupid lie.

Just then Kai walked in staring at the two.

Alina walked forward wrapping her hands around his neck.

Kai gazed at her in shock. Axelrod also had the same expression.

"What are you doing?" Kai inquired while staring at her.

"I've been waiting for you," Alina lets out. "I have something to tell you".

"I'm in love with you, Kai," She said to Kai, who stared at her in shock.

Since she couldn't find a map. Maybe causing a rift between both men will give her a chance of escaping. So the young woman thought.

"I always get mad at you, so I could get your attention".

Kai smiled to himself while Axelrod laughed at the corner.