🌼Immortal Elders🌼

🌸💮Chapter One🌸💮

Alina

"We're almost there sweetie," Arya declared while making her way down a dark forest.

She had her 10-year-old daughter resting on her back just as she walked down the snow-covered forest path. Alina was her second daughter after the first Aliya.

She is believed to be an exact duplicate of Queen Arya and the only thing that differed their looks was the fact that
Arya had curly black hair with a heart-shaped lip that gave out her strong-willed personality.

Alina on the other hand had round lips and straight hair.

Both mother and daughter had winter blue eyes and were dressed in white cloaks that complimented them.

The wind howled furiously across the dark forest while the night wind rustled and rushed through the forest.

Alina shivered at the cold from the rustling night wind. It was strangely getting cold with every step her mother took.

Arya comes to a halt at a mountain.

"I'm going up the mountain, sweetie!" Arya declared. "Make sure to hold on tight."

Saying these words to her daughter, Arya began to climb up the huge mountain.

Alina wrapped her hands tightly around Arya's neck, while she climbed up the mountain.

She could see a smile plastered on Arya's face and knew the reason for such joy.

Arya was going to present her to the Immortal Elders as her successor and the next water goddess.

Gods and goddesses were Immortal beings vested with divine powers. They existed to rule and protect mortals.

Her mother was the water goddess, who ruled over a Mortal kingdom called "Methal".

"You know, I was also anxious when my mother declared me, her successor," Arya admitted.

"She had 13 offsprings but choose me to take her position. I would get scared whenever I had to visit the Elders".

Alina remained silent. She knew it would be pointless to say her mind. Arya was already bent on making her a successor despite her refusals.

"But you know. The Elders would never hurt you".

"It's not the Elders I'm bothered about," Alina lets out.

"I still think Aliya will make a better successor," She mumbled out.

"Alina!" Arya called out while still climbing up the mountain. "Why do you say that?"

"Aliya has trained years for this, Mother," Alina replied. "She is strong enough to guide the mortals".

"Training day and night doesn't make you a good ruler," Arya said.

"Methal kingdom consists of thousands of mortals who look up to their queen for direction and protection," She declared.

"A ruler doesn't just need strength. She has to be merciful, considerate and affectionate towards her people. That is why I choose you, Alina"

The little girl remained silent with Arya's words. She realised nothing could change her mother's mind.

Both mother and daughter remained silent the remaining way up. In no time, Arya got to the top of the mountain.

"We're here," She announced, setting Alina down.

The little lad looked up to find a small-sized house built out of wooden bricks. It had all kinds of beautiful flowers surrounding it and a river at the front which had a brick bridge above it.

Not too far from the house was a large-sized temple built out of white sandstone bricks.

Up ahead, she could see four men all dressed in blue cloaks. They all had white hair that flowed down their shoulders and white-coloured iris.

The men stood outside the house watching Arya and Alina.

They were Immortal Elders who worked together with the King of gods, Axelrod. And serve as advisers to him.

They also trained and supervised gods and goddesses.

"Those are the Elders," Arya announced , leading Alina to the men.

Getting closer, Arya bowed her head to the men who gestured for her to rise.

They shift their attention to Alina, who remained silent. The lad had her attention focused on the beautiful flowers surrounding her.

"She is Alina, my successor," The men looked up at Arya. They nod at her words, giving Alina a quick smile.

"Bring her in,"