CHAPTER 61 : CONFESSION

M: there's something u haven't told me yet.
Whether I accept ur proposal or not depends on the truth.
I want u to be honest with me Sam

S: Mon, u just got out of the hospital. Can we really risk it?

M: I cannot wait any longer Sam!
I leave the decision to you.
Will u answer my questions? Or will u stay out of my life?

(Sam was conflicted. I can see it in her eyes. She is having a battle right now, deciding on what to do.

She was silent for a long time and I patiently waited beside her for her answer)

S: ok Mon, ask.

M: what were we Sam?

S: you were my life Mon and I hoped I was yours too

M: you're not answering (I was prepared to storm away but she caught me before I could go any further.
She closed her eyes and composed herself before she finally decided to honestly answered my question)

S: girlfriend. We were together for 3 years and had talked about marriage. We lived and worked together. I was telling u the truth when I told u that u were my life Mon.

M: then why didn't you tell me that from the start?

(She smiled sadly and her tears were now flowing. I wanted to comfort her so badly, but stopped myself knowing that I wouldn't get my answers if I do. I'm sorry Sam! But i need to hear it!)

S: I tried to. I tried telling you everyday Mon but you weren't ready to hear it.
I missed you so much MonMon.

(I can feel her pain with every word she said. I felt guilty that I made her suffer this much! i knew! i knew Sam but I was busy making up excuses because I wasn't ready then.
But I am now)

M: and who was the man who I saw with u?

S: kirk. My business partner.

M: is that all?

S: ex-fiancee

M: you left him for me?

S: Kirk was never part of our story Mon. I never loved him. He was someone chosen to marry me. U were the only one I have ever loved Mon.

M: then why did u leave me for him?

S: huh? What?

M: I remembered u leaving me so you could get married to him.
I remembered and felt all the pain I had felt that day. It was so vivid...The day u left me...

S: Mon, I never left you for him.
I'm sorry! My grandma didn't approve of us and forced me to marry him. I had no choice!

M: u always have a choice Sam and u chose to leave me.

S: my grandma collapsed Mon! She suffered a coma after I chose you!
I had no choice!
I had to leave to keep her alive!

M: see? You did have a choice and u made it

S: that's why i'm choosing you now Mon!

M: will you leave me again if she asks you to Sam?
Will u choose her again?

S: No. My grandma already gave her approval Mon. She won't ask me to leave u again.

M: but if she does, will you?

S: No. I decided to choose you no matter what this time!
She's dying, but I still left!
I'm so selfish I know! I'm a bad grand daughter! I'm so ungrateful! But Mon, I left u once and that was the biggest mistake of my life. I would never do that again that's why I'm here. I chose you Mon above everything else! I will always choose you!