CHAPTER 38 : OPTIONS

Day 12

To media kept getting rowdier. They're starting to lose their patience.

Their curiosity got the better of their fears over my threats.

They probably got the full support of their company and had gotten the go signal to harass us for the exposé so they have become bolder.

I had tightened the security at the hospital and did all that I could to clean up this mess and push them back but even then the stories were starting to circulate.

The PR team were doing all that they can to buy me time.

I had asked them to wait. To give me more time but they were getting rather impatient.

I wanted to end this once and for all. I have already formed the resolve to not hide you anymore Mon but I don't know what I should say now.

If they ask how we met, that's easy. I can always tell them the truth but if they ask further how should I respond?

I'm sure if I admitted that I was in love with a woman and that I have been with one for a long time now; that they would do everything that they could to find out more about u and when that happens your life would never be the same again.

Being exposed to the media means condemnation.
Our society isn't fully supportive of same sex relationships yet and there are still far too many oppositions in our society. I'm not confident in my capability to protect you from the scandals that would soon follow.

Being with me Mon was never easy but it would only get harder from here on out.

Seeing your situation now, I know this is the last thing that u needed.

They'll dig up your past. They'll create controversies and they will spread lies about us and that would bring unnecessary stress and frustration to both u and your family.

I'm ready to face it all but i'm sure the you now, won't be able to.

I'm not even certain if you will even remember me... If you would ever come back to the Mon you used to be and if you would still choose to be with me.

There's too many doubts...
Too many uncertainties and that's why i'm back pedalling.

They will hound me with more questions i'm not prepared to answer.

If they asked why we hid it for so long.

Should i say we've never declared ourselves because there wasn't any need to?

Should I say, we didn't say anything because we couldn't... because i was forced to deny you?

Or should i tell them that we were just not ready?

I don't know which answer would paint a better picture of what we had to go through.

I'm sure they will ask if we were truly happy being together?
If we're serious about each other and if we have any intentions to marry.

The answer to that was pretty obvious before but I've lost confidence that I really knew your answers now.

Do i even have the confidence to say that u were happy Mon?

The reason why I was here and why there were videos of me breaking down would also be tackled and If they dig deeper like I know they would,
They will eventually find out the facts and if left unanswered, that would give them motivation to come up with their own conclusion.

They would definitely tell the world that You hated me so much, you went ahead and tried to kill yourself to get rid of me and I don't know how to take that.