~~ 39. ~~

*Truth is still absolute. Believe that. Even when that truth is hard and cold and more painful than you ever imagined. And even when the truth is more cruel. *

§§§§§

            Bayo followed his wife to the supermarket carrying the baby in his hand while they talk about Helen's twin brother. She made some funny comments about her brother and he burst into laughter making the people around them look their way. Helen suddenly looked shy but Bayo did not mind. He kissed her forehead and asked her to continue with what she was picking.

            Then he suddenly stopped when he saw Yimika. She was also picking up some groceries. She looked sincerely shocked to see him from afar and she approached them with her shopping cart. Bayo stood as she approached them. Helen looked at her and then at her husband.

"Hi," Yimika said with a broad smile when she got to where they are.

"Hi," Helen answered politely with a smile.

"Longest time Bayo. It's been forever since we saw each other. How are you doing?" She asked.

"Good as you can see." He answered flatly.

           She smiled. "Is this your wife and daughter?"

"Yes. I'm his wife Helen Adebowale. And this is our daughter Joan." Helen introduced them.

"Wow! This is beautiful Bayo. I can't believe you will get married before your friend. How things change! It's so good to see you, Helen and Joan." She smile at the baby who curled into her father's arm.

"You too," Helen said with a forced smile. She wasn't comfortable with the unknown lady that know her husband. And the way her husband was staring with a deep frown on her face made it worse.

"Get the rest of the things you need, I will meet you at the cashier's desk," Bayo said to his wife and she nodded.

"Okay. Do you want me to carry her?" She asked her husband.

           He shakes his head. And she nodded and went away after giving Yimika a small nod.

"I'm so happy for you Bayo. Who would have thought?"

"Yeah." He said icily. "What do you want?"

"What do you mean Bayo? I just saw you after a long time. And I decide to say hi."

"I mean why do you come back to Demilade life?" He asked with a bored expression. All her accent and flattery do not work on him. He knows the kind of person she is.

"Demilade is my...."

"You know, I don't need your explanation. You should cut all the drama. I know you very well. I don't want you in my friend's life. You should go back to wherever the hell you come from."

"What? Bayo when do you become so rude? I don't mean any harm. Demilade was my friend and still is."

            Bayo scoffed. "Friend? Or your ex-boyfriend who you left to marry a rich white man. And do you even bother to know how that friend was all those years you were married to a rich man? Do you bother to look back at how he was doing? What happened after you left? But you are here again claiming that you are his friend. To hell with the friendship. You and I know why you are back. You don't love Demmy. You are just after his money. Isn't that why you left him in the first place? You need a man who can give you the world. You want a man who is wealthy and influential and you get that in Signor Luigi, right? What happened to him? He went bankrupt and the wife who is supposed to be there for him left and divorce him. Do you even have any human feelings at all Mika? And now that the broke guy that can't give you the life you wanted and who you thought was hopeless is now a billionaire, you want to sneak your way back into his life. A perfect victim to change your wardrobe huh?" Bayo snarled angrily.