~~ 80. ~~

*Love: wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise, and the lips to pucker.*

"Is this one okay?"

The two ladies sitting before her shake their heads. "Nah. Another one."

Lola returned the cloth in her hand back into the closet and brought out another one. Karimat didn't hesitate to insult the cloth.

"Where in God's name is Ada?" Lola asked as she stopped what she was searching for.

"With her newfound boo," Karimat answered.

Ibukun chuckled. "She is with Fareed, I guess."

Then they saw the door open and Ada came in.

"Speaking of the devil. She is here." Karri said.

Ada walked further into the room to meet her friends. A broad smile spread on her face.

"Sorry for keeping you guys waiting." She said as she got close to them. "And why are you all looking at me like that?"

"Is you and Reed a thing now?" Ibukun asked, curiously.

"No. Where did you get the idea from? Don't tell me you're trying to ship the both of us?"

"I'm hundred percent in," Karimat added, cutting her short.

Ada rolled her eyes. "Well, don't dream too big, we are just friends. He is not making any move to ask me out. And please, I don't need a relationship now. He is just my friend, so you guys should stop thinking otherwise."

"Or really? Just friend?"

"I thought you guys would have kissed and done more with how you followed each other around like flies," Karimat said boredly.

"Not everyone is like you Karri. Some people got self-control." Ada replied not offended a bit.

"Wahalla for self-control." She replied.

"But babe, seriously, are you telling me that you are both just friends? You sure about that?" Ibukun asked not believing her friend's words.

"Very. As I said, I am not in for a relationship now." She answered Ibukun calmly.

"If you say so. We will have to take your word for it even if you stay up almost all night reading text from him, laughing to yourself, and going around with him all day." Ibukun said with a roll of her eyes.

"And the fact that he doesn't look our way except yours," Karimat added. "Are you even sure you don't like him?" She asked suddenly, finding it a bit annoying and surprising. "You two might think you're just friends but are you sure you don't like him?"

"Yeah, I'm in support. If you like him, go for him. Don't dull yourself. I'm all in for the two of you."

"It is not like that. He is a playboy. I don't think I can handle something like that." Ada said waving them off. "He is just nice to me because I told him about Chris. Nothing more."

"You really think that?" Lola said for the first time as she took a seat beside Karimat. "I know Reed a little. And I know he loves women. To be honest, he is a real-time playboy. My boyfriend testifies to that. I have also seen it firsthand. But he is different around you."

"That's because he is just been nice and remember he is a playboy. He can do whatever he wants to get into my pant." Ada said like she wanted it to stick to their head.

"That's true. But he hasn't. And if I am right, he hasn't made a move to flirt with you. And that is not the Reed I know. I know what he can do." Lola said her opinion.