~~ 29. ~~

*You can motivate yourself when you develop a consuming obsession for a specific future you desire.*

Day 21

          Lola prepared for the outing or party that she had to attend with Demilade after doing those necessary things she had to do since Debbie wasn't back from her trip.

        Demilade had told her not to make anything for him that he won't be eating before going. But she makes bread and tea for herself for breakfast to eat. She didn't know what kind of party they were going to and she knew no one there. She was just acting as a handbag for Demilade. So it was preferable to eat well before going out. Demilade can handle himself.

           When Demilade returned from his morning exercise. He thought about going to church but he would be late for Mr Ramsey's birthday party. And the man was one of his good clients and an old friend. He takes him as a son and introduced him to his circle rich of friends who patronize his work and use his hotels for big occasions.

         He promised to be there. So he was not going to be late. He met his two bodyguards waiting outside his house.

"Good morning sir." They greeted in their usual hoarse but calm voice.

"Morning. You guys are early." He said.

"We know how much you love to be punctual."

         He nodded because they were right about that.

"Okay. You guys can wait inside."

"It's okay sir. We will just hang around." John, the tallest of the two said.

        He shrugged. "If you say so." And he turned to walk inside the house.

"You got a delivery, sir. It's in the living room with your girlfriend." The second one said. He nodded.

           The delivered goods were on the centre table in the living room. He picked it up already knowing what was in it. He decided to look for Lola before going up to take a shower to wash away the sweat on his body.

          She was in the dining room sweeping.

"Why don't you use the vacuum cleaner?" He said and she stand up straight and frowned.

"Stop scaring people like that." She said.

"You were not scared." He said.

"I was. And I don't know how to use a vacuum cleaner."

          Demilade shakes his head slowly and then said. "Ask Deborah to teach you how to use it. Here." He stretched the nylon in his hand to her.

"But that was delivered to you this morning."

"I know but what is in it is not mine. Here take it from me." He said already getting tired of Lola's questions.

           She looked at him and she takes the nylon from him. He was about to turn to leave when she asked.

"What is in it?"

"It's a phone. Replace it with your excuse of a phone." He said and walked away before she could say any more thing.

           Lola was astonished he bought her a phone. But why?

           She brought out what was in the nylon and she saw the pack of a new phone. She opened it and in it was a new Samsung S20 phone and its other content. She opens her mouth wide in shock.