~~ 58. ~~

*A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow. - William Shakespeare*

They left the beach house the following day. The women except Mrs Jolaoluwa were all emotional about leaving the beach house. And they talked about how they will miss it. Helen had told her husband that they must come together again the following year.

Lola was glad to be in the familiar house that in a sort of way had become her second home.

She sat to eat lunch with Demilade and his family. She went later and left them to pack her belongings to go home. She had already told her dad that she will be returning home that day. Although she had not told him anything about her current relationship with Demilade. That she was already Demilade official girlfriend.

She was still packing her bags when Deborah came in looking sober. She sat beside her assisting her in arranging her clothes.

"So you are really going?" She asked Lola again.
Lola looked up with a small smile.

"You know I have to leave eventually." She spoke.

"But I will miss you so much. Just the two weeks that you all left for vacation seems like this house is a graveyard. The house was exceptionally quiet and boring."

"We both know that this mansion is  boring."

She agreed. "Yes, but it has been different since you came here. You had more life to the house. Even my boss knows that. You've been a great talking partner and also a movie partner." Her face was looking so sad.

"You have Olashile. You can visit him when Demilade isn't around. And Mayowa when she comes around."

"It can't be like someone that we both stay in the same house, who assists me and keep me company. Moreover, Shile also has a work of his own."

She nodded in agreement.

"Yes, you are right. I will also miss you too. Everything here. But I will visit once in a while. I promise."

"I will like that and I will look to it." She said sincerely. And Lola smiled broadly. "And also Lola, I noticed something. You..." Then she stopped.
"Don't mind me. It's none of my business. But I will miss you sha." She pouted.

"Me too." She replied honestly. "Just take care of yourself."

"And you too." Then they heard approaching footsteps. They both turned to the door and that was when the door opened and Demilade walked in.

Deborah stood up from the bed.

"We will talk on the phone." She said to Lola.

"Sure." Lola smiled.

"Let me help you with your bags." She said moving over to the travel bags on the floor.

"No no. It's fine. I will do it myself."

"Common it's no stress. And I think..." She nodded in Demilade direction. "my boss wants to talk to you. I will carry the big one downstairs."

"Thanks." She finally gives in. And the other young lady nodded. She help carry the big bag and she left the room.

"It seems you and Debbie really bonded well," Demilade said from where he stood before he walked up to her.

"Seems like it. I will miss her." She told him honestly.