~~ 18. ~~

*Life kicks you around sometimes. It scares you and it beats you up. But there's one day when you realize you're not just a survivor, you're a fighter. You're tougher than anything life throws your way. And you are. - ONE TREE HILL *

Day 13

When Lola woke up and got out of bed, the first thing that caught her eye was the gift box. Then she remembered Demilade had come to apologize and bought the gift with him.

And she had planned on returning it that day. She can't accept a gift that she can't make use of. And it was too damn expensive.

After her usual routine of prayer, spreading the bed sheet and sweeping her room, she went to take her bath.

She wore a black skirt and a white sleeveless blouse and she went downstairs. She was shocked to hear Demilade voice coming from outside the house. She had forgotten it was a Saturday and he won't be going to work.

So she considered it the right time to meet him about the gift he bought for her. So she went outside the house to meet him. She was even grateful his mother was still sleeping so she won't hear their conversation.

He was talking to Jubril when she get outside. She greeted him and he do the same before walking away to his post. She greeted Demilade who was tapping on his phone.

"Morning." He answered without taking his eyes off his phone.

And it was then that Lola saw what he is wearing. He is wearing a fitted black body hug on a short. A white towel was draped on his neck and he is still wearing a canvas.

She never knew he work up because his muscles and abs were so obvious under the thin and fitted material he is wearing. It also makes him look so big and masculine. You can trace his biceps. She didn't know he had such a great body. Maybe because of the six pieces suit he is always wearing or the baggy sweat pant and polo he wears to sleep.

It was the first time she is seeing him in cloth other than a Suit, native wear and his pyjamas. And all those clothes were quite baggy. Was he hiding his body before? She thought.

"Lola," Demilade said when he noticed Lola was still standing on the balcony and she had not said anything. And he realized she had been staring at him. Then he called her name to wake her from her trance.

"Oh... Sorry." She said and he smirk before shaking his head, amused.

She hated the smirk on his face. He had caught her drooling over his perfect body and he must be having some crazy thought in his thick skull which she hate. He already thinks little of her. He doesn't want him to think she is thinking about him.

He annoyed her to the bone and that is what he need to know not what he is thinking.

"Do you have something to say?" He asked turning back to his phone.

"Thank you for the gift but I can't accept it." She said almost too quickly. She don't want him to start thinking she love his gift and she was been grateful and touch.

And this time she got his attention because he stopped what he was doing on his phone.

"Why?" He asked flatly.

"It's too expensive. I can't use it and I don't need it." She answered. "So I can't accept it. Maybe you should return it." She suggested calmly.

Demilade scoffed. "You are quite funny you know. Is a gift too expensive? It's not your money right?"