~~ 6. ~~

*There are moments in our lives when we find ourselves at a crossroads, afraid, confused, and without a roadmap. The choices we make in those moments can define the rest of our days. Of course, when faced with the unknown, most of us prefer to turn around and go back. - ONE TREE HILL *

            Lola sat in front of her father's old Toyota car. She stared at the mansion in front of her. She had never stepped into a house like the one before her. It looked like the houses she sees in movies. The house was gigantic and beautiful. She didn't know that was the place her father worked. The so-called Mr Demilade was a wealthy man.

"Don't forget what I told you. He hates biting around the bush and he is a quite short temper." Her father told him.

"I understand dad." She said to him.

"Okay. I hope he finds a better job for you." He hoped.

"Me too. Let me go now. We don't want to get him angry." She said to her father.

           The man nodded and he looked at his daughter with so much love. He wished she wouldn't do this. But what other choice do they have? They needed the money.

"Good luck dear."

"Thanks, dad." She appreciated it and got out of the car.

           She went to the door and pressed the bell. A lady about her age came to open the door. She looked at her from head to toe before saying.

"Who are you? Who do you want to see? " She asked with exasperation.

"I'm Lola Bamidele. I want to see Mr Demilade." She said patiently to the lady.

          She looked at her again from head to toe.

"Are you sure he wants to see you?" She asked with a sneer.

           Lola nodded and replied. "Yes."

           She finally opened the door wide and let her in. She leads the way to the living room. The living room was whao. It was like paradise with the cold air that came to hug her skin the moment she walked in due to the air conditioner in the house. And not just that. The house was sparkling.

           The house was all fascinating and beautiful. It was composed of beautiful chandeliers, window blinds, and shining tiles floor that you could almost see yourself on it. The colour was also serene and welcoming. The armchairs were of different shades of brown and it was so simple, beautiful and exotic on its own at the same time. There were expensive looking and barely use. The TV was sitting on the large brown polished setter and it was very large and shiny that a person could literally see himself on it.

         Everything in the house was indeed great, to say the least!

"Sit here. I will let Mr Demilade know you are here." She said and walked away.

            Lola looked at the chair and she finally sat down looking around the house, admiring it.

            Demilade came down the stairs with an iPad and a file in his hand. He was dressed in a navy blue fitted suit with a sky blue shirt and a blue tie. He was wearing a black polished shoe on his feet. She stared at him all the way down to where she was sitting. It was seeing him walking for the first time.

          And she noticed how tall he was. She admitted to herself that he was very handsome. He has broad shoulders and long legs. He was good-looking with neatly cut hair and a well-shaved beard.