~~ 71. ~~

Song for the chapter - Mirror by Justin Timberlake

Demilade walked down to the front of his company building entering the lobby through the first glass door. Right from the car park to the door, different people were saying greetings, and bowing politely. And at the same time, he could see people gawking at him. He could notice the look of sheer surprise on some of them because he was just arriving at the building - a rare occurrence. That was one of the reasons why he always comes to work earlier than usual before everyone start resuming their work.

He had barely stepped into the lobby - which he was distracted by different workers greeting him - when he saw the elevator opening and his personal assistant, Dayo in his navy blue native attire stepped out of the elevator.

He politely answered those he could answer and nodded at some while he walked quickly to meet Dayo. He didn't plan on coming to work that day. He has other things planned out. He was just coming late to work because he went to visit his grandmother at the hospital earlier that morning. She was ill, so he quickly went to see her before coming over to his workplace.

Dayo finally got to where he was and he said his greetings.

"Good morning Mr. Demilade." He greeted and he followed after his boss who didn't stop walking

"Morning. Is the document ready?" He asked him immediately as they stepped into the elevator and Dayo quickly pressed the button going to the twenty-first floor.

"Yes sir, there are with Uche on the top floor." He answered. He noticed the eyes that were boring holes in them,  especially his boss before the door finally clinked closed. "Sir, you seem to gain quite an attention this morning." He told him with a small smile on his face.

"I guess that is what happens when I am coming late to work." He shrugged. And Dayo chuckled.

There was silence for a while before Dayo remembered something. "Sir, Mr. Adaba send an emergency invitation to you for his inauguration party."

"What? When?" I hate impromptu invitations." He complained while they waited for the elevator to get to the top floor. "How many places do I want to divide myself into?" He shook his head, not pleased. "I already assigned you and Uche, right?"

"Yes sir." He answered him. "Moreover, I can't attend that man's party." He told him his thoughts.

Demilade turned to him and he raised a questioning brow in his direction.

"No offense, Mr. Demmy but that man is so full of himself and very arrogant. I don't like him. And that is the truth." Dayo answered honestly without hiding how he felt.

"Like me." He stated.

And Dayo looked up at him, puzzled at his statement.

"What? No. Of course not. You are not arrogant like Mr. Adaba."

"But that's what everyone says," Demilade replied and he watched as the elevator clinked open.

"That's what people who try to get too close to you and whom you didn't give the opportunity say," Demilade said nothing but just walked out of the elevator. "You are not rude. Only on a few cases." He added. Demilade gave no response while Dayo continued. "And that's when you are angry. You are nothing like Mr. Adaba. That man derives pleasure from seeing people hurt. His rudeness and pride are a habit."

"You know he is still one of my top clients?"

"Yes. But I don't think you mind me being honest." Dayo said and he stopped when he saw Uche standing up from her seat.

"Good morning sir." Uche greeted as she walked out of her seat.

"Morning, Uche. How was your night?" He asked immediately.