~~ 66. ~~

*Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity. - Khalil Gibran.*

The room seems too bright when Lola flickered her eyes open. She groaned as she opened her eyes to the bright surroundings. The room was too bright probably because of the white and black interior coupled with the white lights in the room.

She realized she wasn't in her room. She doesn't leave her room light on while sleeping and the room and bed seem different. Then a familiar scent stroke her olfactory lobe. And an involuntary smile spread across her face.

She was sleeping face down with her head on Demilade's hand, then she turned to her side to see him sleeping peacefully on his back. She wondered how he could sleep so well with lights on. But she had also slept with them without realizing it.

She stared at his face. His face was calm and peaceful almost like a child's. There was no line of frowns whatsoever. His stubbles were somehow perfect. He look so adorable and at peace with how he was sleeping and in a kind of way she envied him. And coupled with that, he was so good-looking even in his sleep. It made her wonder if she was in a dream, having this man beside her and being his girlfriend.

But the good reality was she wasn't in a dream. It was so true.

She could perfectly remember their last night's encounter. It was awesome, to say the least. If someone had told her the first time will be so exciting and incredible, she won't have believed it. She had always imagined it to be one painful experience with the blood and sort. Not as exhilarating as that.

She lost her virginity to him on a night she never planned. She could still remember before she met Demilade, that she planned to keep it till her wedding night. No guy seems to be worth it and her future husband seems to be the only one who might be worth giving it to.

Ibukun always laughed at her and tell her she won't hesitate to get deflowered when the situation comes with the person she thought is right, of course. But not the wedding night thing. And she wasn't lying. It was a deep truth.

She let him deflower her, voluntarily and she liked and enjoyed every bit of it. And there was not a single ounce of regret. He made it so memorable and sweet. Although the pain was there it wasn't comparable to the pleasure she had.

She turned around to her side and glanced at the little clock on the drawer which read 3:45. She need to return to her room before the twins woke up. They were on a strange bed and if they woke up in an unfamiliar room, it might not be funny. They were not used to visiting other people's houses regardless of sleeping over. And also, they are curious being. She won't be able to avoid their questions when they begin to question her about where she had been - that is if they woke up without seeing her on the bed.

She smiled and pecked Demilade on his temple before she slowly sat up not to wake him up. The middle of her thigh felt sore and it throbbed slightly. She guessed that's how it felt after the first time. But fortunately, it wasn't as painful as she thought it would be or how people described it to be. So she guessed everyone was different.

She realized she was naked under the black duvet. She searched the room for her nightgown. It still lay where Demilade had pulled it off her the other night.

She looked at him before climbing down the big bed. She practically limped a little to where her gown lay. Then she picked it up and wear it. She was about to walk out when she heard Demilade voice.

"Why are you sneaking out?" His voice was throaty with sleep. He also sounded a bit amused and tired. She turned around and give a small smile, surprised that he caught her.