~~ 35. ~~

*The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointment. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won't be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair, remember it is only in the black of night, you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. *

§§§§§§§

Yimika sat with Sholape in her office. She had called her earlier that day she was coming over and she was more than glad to receive her.

They talked about some girls' stuff before Sholape decided to ask.

"Have you gone to see Demilade?" She asked.

Yimika looked at her friend before nodding. "Yes. I went yesterday."

"So how was it? The meeting and all that? Did it turn out to be the way I said it to be?" She asked curiously.

"Actually yes. It's so unbelievable. Even the company had changed a lot from how I knew the place to be. It wasn't the same company that I step into nine years ago. And it was magnificent. You should see his office. It's quite exquisite." She answered her friend.

Sholape smiled. She knew she was surprised. She could tell she was hoping it was all a lie. But her prayers didn't work.

"So how did Demilade receive you? " she asked. That has been the main question in her mind since she saw her walk in. She was curious to know how Demilade would receive his ex-girlfriend who broke his heart.

She was quiet for a while before answering. "Normal. He wasn't angry or too surprised which was surprising itself. He was like.... we are long-time friends that separated for a long time."

She still couldn't believe how Demilade acted. There wasn't any hint of emotion from him. And there was nothing to prove they were once an item. Although it's been nine years almost ten years since they broke up. But it's still a little surprising how he could forget her so easily. She wondered how he could feel so neutral... Like they never had anything together. He was a changed man.

Sholape smirked.

"It's good he even wants to see you and also receive you. Not all guys will do that." Sholape said and Yimika quirked a brow at her.

"What do you mean?" She asked angrily.

"Don't get angry at me. I didn't mean it that way. You and I both know how you broke up with him years ago. It wasn't on a good term. We know how much he loved you then. And what you did broke him a little... If not so hard." Sholape said.

"I'll gain his trust back. At least, he accepts me back."

"Let's hope so. We both know he isn't the same Demilade we know. Meeting with him tells you that. And it looks like he now has a girlfriend." Sholape said and she watched her friend's reaction.

She looked like she is in thought.

"I have to go somewhere." She said picking up her bag immediately. Sholape looked up at her puzzled.

"Where are you going?" She asked curiously.

"I will tell you later. We'll talk later." She said and she quickly walked out of her office without taking a backward glance at her friend.