~~ 38. ~~

*Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destinies. And a time to pick up the pieces when it is all over. - Gloria Naylor*

Track: Without words by Jang keun suk.

Day 23 continues...

            Demilade sat in his private plane. He can hear the sound of papers and the quiet muffled sound of people behind his back. Uche was discussing with Mr Udeh and Mr Simon.

          He stood up and enter his private chamber and he sat down staring at empty space. He needed rest before they land in Japan. The jetlag will affect them if they don't rest now.

        Uche knocked gently on the door and she walked in.

         Demilade was resting on his messaging chair. She smiled and she went to sit opposite him.

"Hope I am not disturbing?" She asked.

"Even if you are, can I send you away when you are here already?" He asked and she smiled. "What are you still doing? You need to rest."

"I will. There is this document you have to read and survey. The team had come up with it." She said holding a black folder.

          Demilade sighed. "When do I have to do that?"

           She smiled at him apologetically. "Before we get to Tokyo."

           He nodded reluctantly. Not like he could avoid it. They have just a few hours to rest before they meet the prime minister and some investors.

"Okay. Hand it over." And she did. He open it and was about to start reading when he noticed Uche was staring at him.

"Is anything the problem? Do you want to ask something?"

"You know me well." She noted, smiling.

"Well, you will be gone by now if you don't have anything to say." He said and he put the folder aside. "What is it?"

"Who is the woman... Yimika?"

           Demilade gave her a long look before he answers.

"She was at the office yesterday and Bayo knows about her visit because of you. So I guess you already did your findings. Am I right Uche?" He asked.

         She smiled mischievously.

"Well, you are right about that. I'm hardly catching up with you recently. And since you left the office with her when we were so busy was... Something."

"So why do you ask?"

"Just wondering what your relationship with her is. And there is the other lady in your house. Aside from the fact that her father is Mr Bamidele and you wanted to help her get a job, I don't know anything else about her."

"You are becoming too inquisitive," Demilade said and she shrugged innocently.

"Sorry, I know it's personal but I'm not just your secretary but your friend. You said so yourself."

         There are times she feels intimidated by his presence and all she needs to do is keep quiet and mind her work. But there are times when he will just walk over to her seat and ask her some personal questions and advice. At first, it was strange. But with time she started getting used to it. Especially when he told her that she is not just his secretary. He considered her as a friend too.