~~ 15. ~~

*Behind every successful man, there are a lot of unsuccessfully years. - Bob Bo *

Day 8

            Monday was the same as all other days. She slept for as long as she like since they returned late from the wedding after-party.

              She can still remember everything that happened the previous day from going to church then to Bayo's brother's birthday party to coming back home and then going to the after party where they encountered the relationship drama and then the kiss when she woke up.

            She wasn't the only one who Demilade often piss off. And one of those ladies he had done something to decided to put her in the middle.

           She shake the thought away. She wasn't ready to start thinking about what happened.

             Later in the day when she was free, she called her dad and then her best friend Ibukun. She gisted her about the party.

"Girl you lucky o. I wish I was there. You know meet any single guy wey you go hook me up with?" She asked.

"You talk like I would do it. Don't stop doing shakara for Peter and accept him."

"Leave that one jare." She said dismissively. "So have Mr Billionaire changed his attitude towards you?"

"I wish. He is still the same." Lola answered and she exhale loudly.

"Or maybe he likes you," Ibukun said.

"I said that he can't stand me and you are saying that he likes me. In your wildest dream. Do I look like his type?"

"Love get type? Love doesn't know that."

"Adviser. I want to go and eat, I'm hungry." She said.

"Don't get fat too much oh. Enjoy yourself nevertheless." She said.

"I will. Bye, dear."

"Bye Bella." She ended the call.

§§§§§

               It was late already and Lola and Deborah sat in the living room watching movies together in the process passing away time and waiting for Demilade to return from work. He was unusually late. Although she knew she don't have to wait for him. That was Deborah's duty. But she didn't mind.

           Lola noticed Deborah was already tired and she doze off while they were watching a movie. So she asked her to go to her apartment.

"Don't worry I will wait for him." She said.

"Are you sure?" Deborah asked unsure about it.

"Yes, I am. Go and sleep. I will wait for him." She assures her.

          And she nodded. "Thank you. Good night."

"Good night." She said and watched as she walked away in the direction of the kitchen. She mostly takes the back door to her apartment.

§§§§§

             Demilade did not return at the usual time and Lola fell asleep while waiting for him. Demilade walked in with a deep frown. He threw the car key in his hand on the glass centre table and Lola jerked awake.

           She glared at him and scratched her eyes.

"You are back. Welcome." She said looking at the time. It was eleven thirteen pm.