~~ 50. ~~

*All families are different and unique, but they all have one thing in common- love.*

Demilade had received a call from his PA that morning about an emergency in one of their construction sites and there was an important client that want to meet with him personally.

He thought about how to avoid it because he had already promised his family that he won't be working while they were at the beach house.

He asked Fareed and some of his directors to deal with the problem with his PA but he can't seem to concentrate on anything. He had to be on phone to know how things were going and how he could shift the meeting date with his obstinate client.

"Demmy is everything okay?" Bayo asked with his daughter in his arm.

He nodded. "Yes."

He looked at him and nodded before he walked out of the living room. Minutes later, his mother asked him the same question while he was busy staring at his Ipad.

He was waiting for a message from his secretary.

"Is there any problem Ade?" She asked with a studious look.

"Not really." He replied and she didn't say anything further.

Helen came out of the kitchen with a bowl of Oreos.

"Mommy, do you want Oreos?" She asked Mrs Jolaoluwa.

She shakes her head. "No, that thing is too sweet."

"Demmy what about you?" She asked. He looked at her and shake his head.

"Thanks. I'm fine."

"What about Lola? I haven't seen her since morning." She said.

"She is still sleeping," Demilade answered as his phone rang. He saw Helen nod and left while he answered his call and he walked to his room. "How could you tell them to do that? Can't you guys do anything right?" Demilade yelled on the phone. He paused to listen to whatever the poor caller was saying. "I never ask you to do that. What did Adam say? And what about the supervisors in charge?" He asked. "You know what, call an emergency meeting. I want to see everyone. And tell my driver to meet me at VI in the next two hours. And tell the pilot we are flying." And he hung up.

He dialled the boat captain's number and the man answered on the first ring. He told him to bring the boat to the beach house because he was going out.

He threw his phone on the bed after ending the call. He went to the closet to pick a cloth. He picks ash trousers and a wine shirt with a matching tie. He quickly put them on and he came out. He realized he wasn't with his bag. He grunted and he dip his phone and wallet into his pocket. He picked up his iPad and his earphones.

Then Lola walked into the room. Her face was wet and it was obvious she has just woken up from sleep. He hadn't noticed she wasn't on the bed when he walked in.

She gave him a questioning look.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked.

He nodded. "Yes. I have an emergency at work."

"I thought..." But she didn't complete the sentence. She had thought he agreed to no work during the vacation. And also there was the outing he promised. She had been looking forward to it. The first thing that came to her mind when she woke up was that she was going out with Demilade. But now, that doesn't seem to be the case.

She felt disappointed for having so much hope. She just nodded and looked away.

"I have to handle this. I will be back when I am done." He said. "I'm leaving."