~~ 19. ~~

*An inch of time is an inch of gold but you can't buy that inch of time with an inch of gold - Chinese Proverb*

Day 13 continues...

              Lola looked up from the biscuits she was opening to see who had entered the kitchen. And she don't like who it was.

              She didn't expect to see him. She expected him to be in his room or his private Living room. That's where he stayed mostly on Saturday.

            She decided to walk past him but he was quick to stop her.

"Lola please listen to me." He said. His voice was calmer than usual. "I'm sorry for what happened this morning. I really am. I shouldn't have said those words. It demeans you and I am sorry."

              She looked at him. She doesn't know what to say to him. But she knew she can't be angry at him forever. They were living under the same roof. And she doesn't know how to be angry at people forever. What is most important is that she told him how she felt and what she needs him to do. And that was all.

"I've heard you." She answered.

"Thank you." He said looking anywhere but at her face.

             But she doesn't care. She walked past him out of the kitchen to her room to wait for Debbie to bring her food.

§§§§§

Day 14

              Lola had decided to put what happened the previous day behind her. She went to have breakfast with Mrs Jolaoluwa. She even asked Debbie to join them which his mother did not protest against. The woman talks to them equally.

           She asked during their breakfast about her and her son.

"How are you and Demilade?" She asked.

"I think we are fine now. He apologized." Lola said.

             She didn't tell her that it didn't matter what his apology was because she could tell he was forced to. He put on a good act to act like he is sorry. She just played along. And since she had decided to forget what happened, it doesn't matter.

"That's good to know." Mrs Jolaoluwa said with a smile. And Lola forced a smile too while Debbie stared at her before going back to eating her food.

              Lola joined Mrs Jolaoluwa in the kitchen later in the day to help her in making Lunch for everyone. She decided to make lunch for her and her son. So she decided to help in the kitchen.

               When the food was done, she asked her to check on Demilade since they haven't seen him since morning. He had not come down and it was time for him to eat his lunch.

"Please Lola help me check on Demilade. You can tell him that the food is ready. He should come down for lunch." She said.

"Okay, ma," Lola said reluctantly.

              She hadn't been to Demilade room before but she can't tell his mother that. Whose girlfriend doesn't have access to her boyfriend's room? And she had told her things were better with them. So she decided to go to his room to deliver the woman's words.

            She stood at the door for a while. She couldn't go back downstairs and lied to Mrs Jolaoluwa that her son will be down soon. What if he didn't come down on time and she decided to ask him? She knew Demilade won't think twice about telling her that she never came to his room. And she will look like a liar in front of the woman.