3. Is Murder Still Illegal?

Alec rubbed at his eyes and yawned. It had to be morning, finally. He checked his phone and saw that it was actually a decent hour. He had woken up again and again through the night. Every time he had considered getting up to turn the damn light off, but he couldn't allow himself to. This was a war and he was damn well going to win.

"Morning, Sunshine," Magnus was propped up on his elbow. "You snore."

"No, I don't," Alec imagined himself smothering Magnus with his pillow but came to the conclusion that he had worked too hard to get into college just to throw it away on one annoying guy. Sure, he was a hot annoying guy, but annoying none the less.

"You do." Magnus nodded and tapped on his phone a couple of times, then held it out towards Alec. "Listen."

"Are you serious right now?" Alec blushed with embarrassment and anger as the view counts rose. "You posted it."

"Yeah," Magnus smirked and winked. "You're going to make me rich. I posted the link on the school blog."

"I'll kill you," Alec didn't care about his reputation. This was going to end. He launched himself at his roommate, tackling him to the floor; both of them rolling over the foot of his bed. 

Magnus screeched as he flipped back onto the ground with Alec on top of him. "Get off!"

"Delete it!" Alec punched Magnus in the stomach and tried to grab his phone. 

"I'll delete you!" Magnus kneed Alec in the groin and he fell limp from the pain. 

"Not fair."

"Sucks to suck, pretty boy." Magnus shoved Alec off him and got to his feet. Alec, grabbed Magnus's ankle causing him to face plant.

"Are you guys okay?" The RA asked as he opened their broken door with ease. 

"Fine," They both choked out.

"Fighting isn't allowed on school property." He said causing Alec and Magnus to turn on him as one. 

"Get out!" They said together. They may have wanted to kill each other but at that moment the RA was so much worse. 

"What a douche," Magnus said as the RA closed the door, leaving them on the floor glaring at the door.

"He's a prick," Alec agreed. "But at least we know the door isn't broken."

"Yeah." Magnus got up and held his hand out to Alec. "Sorry for the cheap shot."

"Whatever," Alec accepted the hand up and grabbed the doorknob. "I really need to pee."

"Same." Magnus stood behind him as Alec turned the knob. It didn't move.

"Well, shit." Alec rolled his eyes. "You couldn't have had him leave the door open?"

"What?" Magnus scoffed. "How is this my fault?"

"You were closest to the door," Alec ran his fingers through his hair. "Fix it."

Magnus laughed loudly. "How the hell do you expect me to fix it?"

"I don't know," Alec shrugged. "And I don't care."

"You fix it." Magnus sank onto his bed with his arms crossed. He picked up his phone again and started to play the video of Alec snoring again. 

Alec decided to try a different tactic. He smiled and nodded at Magnus. "It is pretty funny."

"I know." Magnus wiggled his eyebrows. "I can't wait to post your reaction."

"Yeah?" Alec smiled again and winked. "What else do you want to record with me?"

Magnus looked shocked then smiled. "Oh, so many things."

"I bet." Alec stepped closer. "I have an idea of something we can do to pass the time."

"I'm listening." Magnus put his phone down and looked up at Alec who was standing above him.

Alec leaned in and put his hands on Magnus's shoulders. He ducked his head down and slid his hands down Magnus's arms. Alec moved in so his lips were almost on Magnus, grabbed his phone, jumped to the window, and chucked the piece of technology out the window.

It took Magnus a full minute to catch up to what had just happened. Magnus leaped from his bed and looked out the window at his shattered phone on the sidewalk below.

"You two are insane." Jace sauntered into their dorm room. "I was sleeping, dreaming so happily, only to be awoken by shouting and fighting."

"Don't close the door!" Alec shouted as Magnus chased Alec out into the hallway with his fists shaking.

"Stop him!" Magnus yelled after Alec, who was sprinting by then. "I'll kill you, Alexander!"

"You have to catch me first!" Alec mocked him as he ran even faster, taking the stairs three at a time without falling somehow.