3. Real Part

Hey so clearly you all enjoyed my little prank...haha... don't kill me.... please...

"Damn it!" Magnus threw the broken bottle as far as he could and sucked his bleeding finger into his mouth. "Can't just drink beer or something without glass bottles can he?"

Magnus continued mumbling to himself as he made his way to the giant rock in the forest. He always went there when he needed to think and be alone. It was the one place where the world didn't exist. He didn't have a drunk dad, his mom hadn't run off with some man that no doubt was better than his dad, and most of all he, Magnus, didn't exist.

This was the place where he could let his guard down even if only slightly. He could imagine a world where he was happy, a world that he tired to tell himself that he deserved. He imagined a world in which he belonged, a place where someone, a single person found him worthy of existing. It was the only place that he didn't completely hate himself, a place that didn't really exist and never would.

Magnus chucked another half filled bottle of vodka at a tree and his heart shattered along with the glass. What cruel twist of fate had left him with a man that hated his guts even more than he hated himself?

"Hey, are you okay?" Alec asked as he walked up behind Magnus.

"Who the hell-" Magnus turned to see Alec and ignored the flutter in his chest only to replace it with anger. "Alexander Lightwood, of course the golden boy is here."

"I was just leaving." Alec turned to go. "Sorry for bothering you."

"He hates me." Magnus said and chucked the last bottle.

"Who?" Alec asked pretending that he didn't already know.

"Please, I'm not an idiot or blind. We're neighbors which means you've been enjoying the show that is my life for the past couple of months. The real question is why nobody knows about it." Magnus jumped up making Alec take a quick step back.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Alec said calmly. "I better get home."

Alec was terrified of the glint in Magnus's eyes. He looked broken and feral. The hair on the back of his neck stood up on end. He needed to get out of there. Magnus reminded him of a lion in a documentary he had watched. The lion had been hurt severely but when another lion tried to attack it the lion had snapped. It could have gotten away and possibly healed if it had run, but instead it spent it's last moments alive fighting it's enemy becuase if it showed weakness it would have been worse than dying.

"Scared, Alexander?" Magnus took a step closer to him and Alec backed into a tree.

"I won't tell anyone. I promise." Alec whispered.

"I know." Magnus put a hand against the tree, making sure to rest his wrist on Alec's ear. "I would kill you."

"That's not why." Alec heard the words as if it were someone else saying them.

Magnus smirked. "Then why?"

"Because you deserve at least one person to be on your side."

Magnus snorted. "And that person is you?"

"It certainly isn't you."

Magnus blinked a couple of times. What was he supposed to say to that? Why did it feel like Alec was speaking right to his heart? He needed to get away from him before he started to believe that his life could change. Hope was a dangerous feeling when you had no chance of real change. All he'd get would be dissapointment and honestly he couldn't handle anymore. He was barely surviving as it was and the threads he was holding onto to were starting to fray.

Magnus huffed and pushed away from Alec before taking off towards his house. Alec stayed still, breathing deeply and waiting for Magnus to be out of sight before he laid on the big rock.

"Could I have sounded more gay?" Alec groaned.

"You are gay so everything you say technically sounds gay I think." Izzy stepped out of the shadows and laid down next to her brother. She took his hand in hers. "He needs you, you know?"

"Did you not hear what I heard or see what I saw?" Alec snorted. "I'm pretty sure he wants to kill me."

"Maybe, but even I want to kill you sometimes." Izzy chuckled.

"Gee, thanks sis." Alec turned to look at her.

"I may want to kill you but I need you. You are amazing and the best person I've ever known. Alec, you are the only person that I have ever seen be nice to Magnus. You are the one who can make his life better but you need to do is decide if he's worth the risk." Izzy got up and wiped the dirt off her pants. "Oh and if the parents ask, I was lecturing you about your terrible grades."

Alec watched her walk away as he let her words sink in. What was he going to do about Magnus?

Question: What's your favorite stuffed animal and why?