8. The New Normal

Answer: Honestly I've had so many of those moments but one in particular was the last time I hung out with one of my best friends. I knew even while we were having a great time that we'd never hang out again. It was weird and hard but it worked out for the best. We're both better off without each other because we finally admitted that we wanted different things from life and they didn't include each other.

"Magnus, wake up." Alec touched his shoulder and jumped back as Magnus swung at him. It had been 2 weeks yet still Magnus jolted everytime he was touched.

"Morning beautiful." Magnus smirked and stretched.

"I should not have let you convince me to install that damn mirror." Alec chuckled. Magnus greeted himself in the mirror every morning and Alec wanted to hate it but it was just too adorable.

"You know I could be talking to you." Magnus winked.

"And I could get a B." Alec rolled his eyes and turned to hide his blush.

"Crazier things have happened." Magnus stood up and Alec quickly took a peak at him in just his boxers then pretended to be extremely interested in his shoes. "I mean you're living with me."

"I wouldn't say living with." Alec smiled deeply. "More like I put up with you."

"Watch it mister or you might wake up covered in glitter again." Magnus playfully shoved him.

"Do that again and you might wake up bald." Alec cocked an eyebrow at Magnus.

"You wouldn't dare." Magnus cornered Alec against his closet door.

Alec picked up a pair of scissors. "Snip snip."

"Seems like someone needs a lesson in respecting their elders." Magnus leaned in closer. Alec could feel his breath on his neck.

"Alec!" Alec's mom cut through the sudden intensity.

"One second!" Alec yelled and quickly shoved Magnus in the closet.

"You still haven't told them?" Magnus sounded hurt.

"Mags, how do propose I tell my parents that my boyfriend is living in my room with me?"

"Boyfriend?" Magnus smiled and a soft blush grew on his cheeks.

"Oh, I mean. Whatever we are." Alec cleared his throat uncomfortably.

"I like boyfriends. Of course, maybe we could try out more than just holding hands and sleeping?" Magnus winked.

"Shut up and stay in the closet." Alec hissed but Magnus saw the smile in his eyes.

"Kinky, Alexander. I like it." Magnus laughed. "Before you go talk to your mom how about a little taste?"

Magnus stepped out of the closet. "I'll even come out of the closet for you."

"Yeah if you could just shoot me right between the eyes so I die instantly and never have to hear or see this again that would be great." Jace said from the desk chair.

"Jace?" Alec jumped. When did he get there?

"Magnus Bane?" Alec's mom stood in the doorway. "Do you want to kill me with embarrassment?"

"Ignore them." Magnus wrapped his arms around Alec and kissed him sweetly.

"Alec, you're making weird sounds." Magnus shoved him and Alec jolted awake.

"Mags, ah, Magnus. Hey. Sorry. Um, morning?" Alec rubbed at his eyes.

"Gonna tell me about your dream?" Magnus fluttered his eyes at him.

"I'd rather die. But thanks." Alec got out of his bed and saw that Magnus had already cleaned all traces of himself from Alec's room. "You can stay here as long as you'd like, Magnus."

"Thank you, Alexander, for everything." Magnus hugged him and Alec still semi asleep kissed his cheek.

"Anytime, Mags." Alec froze and he saw his short, pathetic life flash before his eyes. "Kill me."

Magnus pretended that nothing had happened and smiled. "What would you say about getting a mirror for the wall?"

Question: Have you ever had a recurring dream? What was it about?