Chapter 82: Extreme Speed Realm

Hunter looked at Shen Chuan and Shen Xi's expressions of checking the final data, and suddenly felt extremely relieved.

"What's wrong? You've been looking at me like this, and I'm afraid Winston is going to kill me. Shen Chuan raised his head and smiled indifferently.

"I just feel so lucky." Hunter said.

"What's wrong?" Shen Chuan put down the tablet and turned his face to look at Hunter.

"There are more and more great engineers like you and Creek in this field, and the performance of the car is improving by leaps and bounds. Formula 1... It has entered the era of fury comparable to rockets. "

"So?"

"So the value of the driver will become more and more blurred, and the requirements for the driver will become higher and higher. But it is precisely because of the existence of geniuses like you that it is possible for me to break the monopoly of the big teams in the Formula One rankings. So I was lucky. And I am even luckier to still be able to seize the dreams I once had to prove my worth, and I also have opponents who are neck and neck and make me not far behind... I'm really lucky. "

Hunter replied with a reverent expression.

"If the price of maturity is for you to say such sentimental words, I would rather you be naïve forever without heart and lungs." Shen Chuan stretched out his arm and pressed Hunter's head, and then he looked behind Hunter and signaled that someone wanted to talk to Hunter.

As soon as Hunter turned around, he saw Maddie.

"Oh... Maddie..."

Maddie looked a little twisted, and he was silent for a few seconds, as if he didn't know where to start.

"...... You should know that my contract with Marcus expired after this race. "

"Well, I know. I heard that Williams is going to sign you, and it's not far from ten. "

"You know you really weren't a good teammate in the first place."

"I know."

"Not now."

"Well... I'll get better slowly..."

"But now you make me proud. Mentioning that we used to be teammates in the future should be something that I am very proud of. "

Hunter paused, and his eyes suddenly became hot.

He remembered his fight with Maddie in the bathroom of the Spanish Grand Prix, and he always understood that Maddie always cared about his attitude towards Formula One.

Hunter stretched out his arm and hugged Maddie hard.

"We're going to enjoy this last leg together."

"Of course, so no matter what happens, don't look back." Maddie squeezed Hunter's back hard.

In the free practice session, Hunter was more delicate and sensitive than ever to experience the winding of the track, the feeling of gripping the ground at every tire corner, the pressure on his neck by the centripetal force, which he assumed countless times in his mind and then put into practice on the next lap.

At the end of the practice session, Shen Chuan led the engineering team to adjust the braking system more gently to adapt to the bumps of the track, and the balance system was also adjusted to ensure the torque of the car out of the corner.

Before qualifying, Hunter locked himself in the lounge, didn't turn on the lights and didn't talk to anyone.

Marcus, who was standing outside the lounge, became worried.