Chapter 10: then please don't disappear

"Hmm." Winston responded softly.

The other party did not show a surprised expression, of course, there was nothing in this life that could surprise Winston, but his calmness made Hunter sink his heart to look back on his childhood.

"The more I don't want to stutter, the more i stutter." Funny, right?

"But now you don't have any problems."

"The psychiatrist said it was because I was prone to nervousness and low self-esteem." Hunter smiled, in fact, deep in his heart is still prone to inferiority, which has not changed much.

"That's why you started racing in karting."

"Eh? How do you know? "Whether it's a go-kart or Formula Renault, you need to have a high level of mental quality. You drive a go-kart to learn and exercise yourself to control your emotions.

"How do you know?"

"You told me." Winston replied.

"When?" Hunter showed a surprised expression, how could he not be impressed at all?

"The last life."

Hunter was speechless.

Winston this guy has a very strict and unreasonable look, and the jokes are really cold.

"All right. Did I tell you in my previous life what my father was like?

"You say, I can listen to it again." Winston replied.

"Like you, I can't be friends with you." <

"Well, I'd like to hear you say it as many times as you say it."

A serious expression, but it doesn't sound very sincere.

Hunter rolled his eyes and decided to automatically ignore Winston's cold humor.

"My father was a successful stockbroker in Manhattan, so my childhood was a carefree one. Aside from his career, the person he cares about the most is me. Training a driver is expensive, let alone starting small. He hired a coach to train me and would put down his busiest job to accompany me to a karting race. Every time I got a good ranking, when I looked at him, I could feel the smile in his eyes. "

Hmm."

"I'm getting more confident and happier every day. But the financial crisis left him bankrupt, and he became very irritable and often drunk. My mother couldn't stand it and left us. My mother later remarried, married a teacher, and lived the peaceful life she dreamed of, but died in childbirth two years later.

Winston didn't say anything sympathetic, just took the burning cigarette in Hunter's hand, took it between his lips, and took a soft breath.

"Before that, I raced in karting to make my father proud. Later, it became, to earn money to buy my father wine to drink. I'm getting better and better, driving faster and faster, winning countless championships, and even letting Formula One see my presence. When Marcus signed me, I was so excited that the world was full of hope. But when I went home and told him the news... He just let out an 'Oh' and continued to pour wine on the couch with the bottle. I didn't know what crazy I was, and I smashed all the wine in the house. He rushed up and swollen my face..."

Winston remained silent. <

"He staggered out to buy a drink and never came back."

Hunter finished speaking, and the cigarette between Winston's lips was only the cigarette butt.

"When I was a kid, I thought I was excited to think I could find confidence in speed. But when I actually started playing, the nervous feeling was like a precursor to my stuttering again, and no one cared, only I knew.