58

WASHINGTON D.C.

20 October 2000 - 2.30 a.m.

MIKE sat at ease inside the car while waiting for Mr. Black to appear at Water Street, opposite the Waterfront Promenade beside the Potomac River. It was a long time since he had dealings with the mystery man. Yesterday, he was surprised when he received a letter from an unknown dispatcher. The note was slid under the door at his door. 

Mr. Balck himself wrote the letter. Mr. Balck requested Mike to bring the briefcase Mike snatched days before. Mike was not surprised that Mr. Black knew his address. The mystery man was capable of finding him wherever he was. In fact, Mr. Black could still find him even if he left the country. Mr. Black was really, really amazing. 

A luxury car stopped in front of his car. Mike stepped out, carrying the briefcase which he himself didn't know about. Without suspecting anything, Mike entered the luxury car. A man sat at the back waiting for Mike to come in.

"Mr. Black?"

This was the first time that Mike had met, in person, the mystery man he called Mr. Black. 

"Where is the briefcase, Mike?" Mr. Black asked. 

Mike tapped the briefcase on his lap. 

"Hey, I know you. You're Mr. Vice President."

Finally, Mike recognized who Mr. Black really was. 

"Yeah." David Anthony simply nodded. His face was serious. "Are you alone, Mike?" he asked again.

"As usual," Mike said. "I work alone." He was proud that he could complete any assignment given to him without any help from anybody. And the fact that he was never caught while he was in service with Mr. Black. 

"Good," David Anthony said. 

The thick glass, that separated the driver seat from the passenger seat at the back, slid down automatically. The driver of the luxury car pointed a silencer-equipped gun at Mike. 

"Hey, man! Is this some kind of a joke?" Mike asked in a panic. 

"You'll know for yourself, Mike," David Anthony replied. 

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God!" Mike's voice changed tone.

At that very moment, the driver of the luxury car that David Anthony had rented under a different name, fired two shots at Mike's chest. Mike died instantly. His eyes remained wide open. His mouth was a little agape. 

David Anthony took the briefcase. Then he instructed the driver to dump Mike's body in the Potomac River. 

***********************************************************************************************

"GOT you, damn it!" 

Billy recorded the incident through a DVC - Digital Video Camera, beginning from the moment he met the black man at Water Street, he assumed the man was killed inside the luxury car. 

Billy, then, followed the car up to the Arlington Memorial Bridge. The luxury car stopped there for a while. The driver stepped out and grabbed the black man's body from the back seat, and threw the body into the Potomac River. The car then drove all the way to the US Vice President's residence. 

Using a palm-sized DVC, Billy successfully recorded the incident from afar without being seen by David Anthony or his men. The DVC was capable to record everything with its 650x digital zoom optical-digital process with the o Lux system, with the ability to record in the dark without compromising the recorded video. In fact, the DVC was equipped with a small screen for playback.