14

KUALA LUMPUR

24 September - 9.30 p.m.

TAN SRI SUPIAN And Datuk Azman met at the corner of the room discussing on something. Tension filled their faces. Datuk Chua, on the other hand took no notice of his senior's discussion. His concentration pointed more toward the towers. From where he stood, ar Mxis building, the Petronas Twin Tower looked fascinating awash with bright lights. 

"Datuk Chua," Tan Sri Supian called out.

"Yes, Tan Sri?" Datuk Chua replied. 

"If you have any idea, tell me now." Tan Sri Supian's voice was soft.

"We have no option but to enter the building, Tan Sri. We cannot accede to their demands. We have our integrity to protect." Datuk Chua was frank.

Datuk Azman quickly summarized Datuk Chua's comment. "They would still destroy the tower? Is that your theory, Datuk?" he asked.

"It's possible," Datuk Chua replied briefly.

"What about the hostages?" Datuk Azman continued his line of question.

"They've wouldn't give a damn, even if it would cost them their lives, Datuk. Surely, they have their own agenda," Datuk Chua debated, referring to the alleged terrorists.

Tan Sri Supian remained quiet. Listening with full concentration, while his thoughts circled in his mind. 

"If so, we proceed with the next action."

"What's our next action, Tan Sri?" Datuk Chua asked.

"I'll enter the tower by air. With parachute," Tan Sri SUpian replied. 

"Hold it, Tan Sri..." Datuk Chua was quick to intercept.

"You have other ideas, Datuk?" Tan Sri Supian asked.

"We call ASP Hilman," Datuk Chua suggested.

"Yes... carry on..." Tan Sri Supian egged in.

"ASP Hilman was my best man in the sharpshooter squad. He and Sergeant Maniam once rescued a Delta Force office who was held by the Serbian army in Bosnia. Only thing is... now... he has retired on his own accord. He's now on leave while waiting his service to end. But we can find him," Datuk Chua explained.

"Why should we call in someone who has already retired? I believe we have others who are equally best?" Datuk Azman chipped in.

"Retired or not is not the question here, Datuk. The important this is he isn't just a sharpshooter... he's a sharpshooter who has proved himself in combat, Datuk," Datuk Chua said. His voice firm.

"Hmm... I haveheard of ASP Hilman. He and Sergeant Maniam were awarded the Seri Pahlawan Gagah Berani," Tan Sri Supian sighed softly.

Datuk Azman stopped protesting. Datuk Chua remained silent. They waited for Tan Sri Supian to make a decision.

"Alright, then... find him. But if he couldn't be found... like I said... I shall enter the tower myself," Tan Sri Supian reminded.

Datuk Chua nodded and smiled. 

"Get ASP Hilman now. I'm putting his request to retire on hold," said Tan Sri Supian.

PETALING JAYA, SELANGOR, MALAYSIA

10.00 p.m.

HILMAN was too engrossed watching the 'Survivor' series on NTV7, he did not notice the police patrol car stopped in his compound. Seconds later, he heard someone knocked on his front door. He was surprised. Quickly, he rose and walked to the door. He was equally surprised when he saw a policeman standing at his front door.