24

SEATTLE

4 October 2000 - 11.00 a.m.

SEATTLE spread to the north in the east, sharing a border with Vancouver, Canada. While to the south lies two popular American states of San Francisco and Los Angeles, which in turn share a border with San Diego, Mexico. And this morning, the arrival of two FBI agents, Lomax and Billy, was an official one - to interview the Republican candidate, Baldwin JR. on the robbery cum murder incident involving important documents belonging to Jack William.

Baldwin Jr. went to Seattle to complete his tour of the whole country as part of the presidential election campaign. Lomax and Billy went along as the campaign geared on. They waited for the Republican candidate to finish his speech, before meeting him. The arrangement was conveyed earlier to Baldwin Jr's press secretary.

***********************************************************************************************

LOMAX and Billy were more than satisfied with the feedback they received. The Republican candidate was more than happy to meet the two agents. However, they had to wait more than an hour for Baldwin Jr. to finish his speech before thousands of his supporters in the state.

The two FBI agents were forced to listen to Baldwin Jr's political speech which was similar to all his earlier speeches all over America. In his speech, Baldwin Jr. spread his promises if he was elected as America's President - touched on internal issues such as reducing the income tax, health care and tackling the country's social issues that was getting more and more critical. Not much was touched on foreign issues, except to reduce America's interference in wars of other countries.

Then Baldwin Jr. criticized his political opponent who had purposely implicated his involvement in the robbery cum murder incident that involved the party's important documents. Although President Jack William had never issued any statement to the effect, Baldwin Jr. was sure he was being gently implicated in the incident.

According to Baldwin Jr., in any general election, an opposing party would try to smear its political enemy to garner the people's sympathy. The republican candidate sore that he was not at all involved in the incident. Baldwin Jr. was very compelling as he gave his speech. Thundering applause sounded like an earthquake when he finished his speech.

Later, Lomax and Billy were invited to have tea with Baldwin Jr. in a special room closely guarded by the Republican candidate's personal bodyguards. The questioning took nearly an hour. Baldwin Jr. cooperated fully by answering all the questions calmly. After they had finished, Baldwin Jr. excused himself as he had to be on his way to San Francisco next. Before that, he reminded Lomax and Billy to vote for him on the coming 7 November. 

***********************************************************************************************

"IT seems that Baldwin has nothing to do with it." Lomax summarized the investigation while they were on their way to the airport to return to Washington D.C. 

Billy nodded in agreement to his colleague's theory.

"Yeah... he looks cool and composed. But you can never tell." Lomax smiled. 

Billy returned Lomax's meaningful smile. Their smiles finally turned to laughter. In politics, nothing is impossible. 

"Yeah, you're right, buddy. I have a hunch it's politically motivated. It was no accident." Lomax turned his look outside the car. Watching the rows of building passed by.

"By whom? Republicans? Democrats... or... don't rule out the White House!" said Billy.

Billy began to suspect the robbery cum murder incident that involved the Democrat Party was related those who were in the White House. In fact, it was possible that Jack William's enemies had staged the drama on purpose, merely to topple the United States President, and blamed the president's political opponent as a political play.