Chapter Three

Alex was not for the faint of heart, and she knew it. Sometimes she was "she," and sometimes she was "he." She knew it was confusing, but she didn't give an everloving fuck.

    Especially when it came to people she had to talk to.

    She had moved to a different state. Who the hell cares about the homeless in Boston? Gotten thrown into foster-care, was chosen by a homophobic family that tries to "cleanse her of her sins."

    But, yeah, Alex was cheery as hell.

    Then she finds out Sam was living here, the only good part about moving here other than new people to annoy the shit out of.

    But Sam just had to introduce her to all of Sam's friends, which is... not fun.

    While the group itself seemed okay, there was a semi-hot, really dorky looking blond dude. The dork also happens to love books, which is so fucking inconvenient, as Alex did not want to fall for anyone again.

    But, Alex wanted to humor herself, so she looked into whatever the weird F thing on her wrist was, and she finds out it's a symbol for a fucking god.

    Not just any fucking god, the god of fucking nature. Alex loved being in the middle of the forest, laying in the grass, and watching the sun vanish under the horizon.

    And as far as she knew, Magnus wasn't like her. He seemed to accept her, which was the bare minimum, but other than that, Magnus was just a pretty face.

    But that's alright with Alex. As long as he's just sitting there and looking like Kurt Cobian, she was okay with it.

    Now, Alex stood at Target, going through the various shades of green hair dye.

    "Not that I'm judging you," Magnus said. "But why green hair dye?"

    Alex sighed. "Look, Maggie--"

    "Don't call me that."

    "I'm calling you Maggie," Alex said. "Let me set the scene. Therapy costs hundreds of dollars that requires money. I, Alex Fierro, am a homeless bitch. That means that money is not something I have. Hair dye, on the other hand, cost seven bucks. And while I am broke as fuck, I can spare a bit of cash for some shitty and damaging hair dye."

    Magnus snorted. "You're using fucking hair dye instead of getting therapy?"

    "Yes."

    "Okay, which one did you use before?"

    "I don't fucking know."

    "That's helpful as fuck."

    "Magnus Chase, do not pull the sarcasm out; I will send it fucking running."

    "Excuse me," said a girl as she covered the ears of her child, who looked to be about twelve. "There are children here; stop cursing so much. And green hair dye on a man is not fitting."

    Alex snorted. She knew exactly where this was going and couldn't wait to see the outcome. "Well, I'm a girl, and we are... How old are we Magnus?"

    Magnus scrunched his brows and huffed. He was nailing the deep-in-thought-sarcasm face. "I'm not entirely sure. I believe we are around sixteen years of age, do you agree?"

    The woman huffed. "This is unacceptable. You are going straight to hell!"

    "Ma'am, I cannot go straight anywhere," Magnus said.

    "Yeah, I don't know how I'd genderfluid myself to hell, but I'm sure me and Satan will have a great time."

    "You should not be here; Jesus is against it!"

    "Do I look like I give a fuck?"

    "Look, lady," Magnus said. "We are just going to buy the shit we need to buy and be on our merry way. I'm sure you will enjoy talking about the LGBT guys you yelled at during your shopping trip later."

    The woman was ready to explode. "Where do you work," she growled.

    "The fuck?"

    "Where do you work, I am going to get you fired."

    Alex laughed. "Wow, Karens are annoying as hell." She grabbed the package of cheap dye and walked to the makeup aisle.

    Magnus was slowly becoming red, and Alex was trying hard to suppress her giggles as well. By the time they got to the makeup aisle, they were crying.

    "Holy shit, that was golden," Magnus said. "That could have gone wrong in so many ways."

    "If I see her again, it's going on my Instagram."

    "She'd fucking sue you."

    "The bitch can try."

    Magnus raised a brow. "You're fucking insane."

    "We're tech. That's our job."

    Alex, Magnus, and Mallory were all part of tech this year. Alex had gotten help from Blitz and was now in costumes. Mallory and Alex were working closely together, as she was makeup. As for Magnus... Alex didn't know what Magnus did. All she knew was he needed to have another elective to fill his schedule, and his cousin said they needed the extra help. They certainly did.

    Production funds were low this year, so an extra set of hands meant extra money from parents.

    Everyone thinks the money just goes to the costumes and sets, that's all. All of which is untrue. There are scripts, lights, mics, and a future theatre program to pay for as well.

    Alex was already enjoying this school's tech, which was excellent compared to her life in her last school, with the abundance of a theatre program to begin with.

    All of which was ruined by Sam decided it would be fun to introduce Alex to Magnus, whom Alex was now obsessed with.

    This is going to be a fucking fantastic year.

HUGE thanks to Yamo_Waziue for telling me to just do an Alex POV because I wouldn't have done it.

I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I was given free reign to curse as often as possible, which was fun.

Also happy spooky day.

That's all. I might update again today, I might not. I probably won't, but I'll start writing the next chapter.

Love ya.