Chapter Eleven

SPOILER ALERT FOR A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES AND NOT EVEN BONES. Mainly Not Even Bones. Go read that book or read the WEBTOON. It's fucking amazing.

Alex maneuvered around a mannequin with a black tuxedo jacket, an undershirt, and long, white fabrics. Magnus assumed Alex was going to make a skirt out of them.

    Magnus looked around the rest of her room. A bookcase stood along the wall, featuring a few of Magnus's favorites, though he was more into action-based books, not character-driven. There were rolls of fabric in every corner and some drawings pinned to a wall. Alex grabbed one of the pictures and presented it to Magnus.

    "This is what I was thinking for the fates."

    It was a short dress made of strips of cloth. The stop was a bit frilly around the shoulders, and there was a graphic fabric Magnus had only seen on old women on the sides. It didn't have much color, only grey, black, and purple, yet it set the fates' message flawlessly. They were ancient creatures who followed everyone around.

    "Does my opinion actually matter?"

    "It does nothing affecting anything but my ego and desire to murder you. Tread lightly," Alex said with a sweet smile.

    "Well, I like it." Magnus paused. "Are you going to kill me?"

    "No."

    "You don't have to sound so disappointed."

    Alex grinned. "I'd rather exert my rage in cheap, shitty hair dye and scaring transphobes."

    "That sounds like a lovely life."

    "It is an amazing life." She plucked a book from the shelf and sat on her bed. Magnus read the large, black words and saw the scalpel and smiled.

    "That," he said, "was one of the best series I've ever read."

    Alex glared at him. "If you spoil me, I will not hesitate to decapitate you."

    "How far along are you."

    "The mom is a psychotic bitch."

    "That does not narrow it down."

    "I'm pissed with Nita for not going with Fabricio, and I'm not surprised with her mother for selling her."

    "We're all pissed at that." It took everything in him to not smile at the mention of Fabricio and Monica. The book was filled with so many twists and turns that were executed beautifully. He was two seconds away from whiplash, yet everything made sense.

    "Kovit sounds so fucking hot, like I don't understand."

    "Me. Fucking. Too. He is way too hot to be zannie."

    "And his morals!"

    "Holy shit, I know."

    Alex closed the book. "I'm also in love with Mirella and her ability to give a fuck while not giving a fuck."

    "That's more of Nita and Kovit."

    "I'm at the Death Market part."

    "Oh, with the monster parts stands. Did the thing happen yet?"

    Alex narrowed her eyes. "What thing?"

    Fuck, fuck, fuck.

    "Magnus Whatever-Your-Middle-Name-Is Chase. What. Fucking. Thing?"

    "You'll see," Magnus squeaked.

    "You're scaring the shit out of me." She glanced nervously at her book.

    "I'm sorry."

    "I'm going to read this, and when this thing happens, I will yell."

    "I fucking hate the Boulder!" Alex yelled with tears welling up in her eyes. "Please, God, don't be dead." She read the next sentence. "Holy shit, the Boulder fucking killed..."

    "I know." Magnus sat beside Alex.

    "How is she going to escape no--Oh!" Alex perked up. She still had tears streaming down her face, but Magnus smiled when the realization hit her. "Are they going to go out together? Are they going to kill Reyes? Are they going to kill Monica?"

    Each question was said with more hope than the last. "It's a YA novel."

    "So everything that I just said will happen?"

    "Um, no." Magnus ignored the stank-eye from Alex. "It may be a YA novel, but it isn't Divergent or A Court of Thorns and Roses."

    "Both such predictable novels whose protagonist was a basic bitch."

    "Does Feyre even paint anymore?"

    "Nah. She only thinks about painting and fantasizes about colors." Alex laughed. "Rhysand was her only personality trait."

    "When Morrigan came out as bi, me, a pansexual piece of shit, became homophobic."

    Alex turned to Magnus. "You're pan?"

    "Yes." When Alex's grin widened, Magnus added, "I am attracted to pans. Especially frying pans."

    "I wasn't going to say that," Alex laughed.

    "Lies."

    "I wasn't, I swear."

    "Kill her. Kill her. Kill her," Alex chanted while reading. "She can't even stick to her own schedule, just use the damn gun and murder her, Nita."

    Magnus checked his phone and laughed.

    Alex glanced at Magnus. "I didn't think me chanting was that funny, but okay."

    "No, Hearth, my adoptive dad, just sent me a text."

    I know you're at your friends, but you will be filed as a missing person if you don't reply in exactly one minute. You don't want to be a minute late and see your father go ballistic.

    "Your parents sound awesome."

    Magnus gave Hearth a thumbs up. "They are awesome. You may go back to chanting now."

    "Way ahead of you. Yes! Oh, shit, Nita, you fucking missed. Kovit, Kovit, Kovit, come on." Alex whooped. "She's dead."

    "Really, I couldn't tell."

    "Was I not dramatic enough?"

I'm so happy I managed to pull this out of my ass in 15 minutes.

Next chapter will be auditions??? I think??? Maybe in. Calypso's perspective??? Idk we will find out together.

My outline for this went down the fucking drain. So I just roll with whatever the characters are doing now.

Ok that's it.

Love ya!