CHAPTER FORTY ONE

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter forty one
╚═══════════╝

❝ LEAL
ᶠᵃⁱᵗʰᶠᵘˡ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗʳᵘᵉ ❞

"THERE'S ONLY ONE ENTRANCE TO THE VAULT, AND IT'S IN THE RELIQUARY. it's a secret door behind one of the bookcases, so access is no problem. and the corridor itself is a cakewalk. no booby traps, no secret handshakes. the door doesn't even have a lock. it's shocking how easy this is going to be. the only challenging part will be moving everything out and stashing it." explained jack looking around at the rest of the knights.

cassidy pouted her lip as hamish spoke up with a smirk on his face, "may be able to help with that." cassidy finally let it out, "why am i never the one who gets to explain the order stuff? why is it always someone else explaining to the group what i already know? i've known all about the order since i was a child and yet never get to show off my knowledge because of all of your huge mouths."

randall smiled down at the fiery girl as jack sighed, looking her way, "is there anything you'd like to add then?"

cassidy bit her lip in thought, "well— i always went in with either vera or one of my parents. students weren't exactly just allowed inside. they always made me hold one of their hands when entering but that's all the extra information i've got to give."

hamish shook his head, "can we please now go to where i can help with our problem because it will definitely be a place you'll wanna see."

"HOLY SHIT, DUDE! this place is so cool!" exclaimed cassidy as she ran ahead of everyone into the giant room. she looked around at the apartment in awe, finding the space to be in her own words "super duper neat and cool".

"this is unbelievable you own this but you were still living at the den?" questioned jack, looking around. randall grabbed cassidys hand and spun the girl around with him as the two looked around at everything quickly.

lilith laughed a bit, walking up to the two to stop them from breaking anything, "cassie, how much coffee have you had so far today?"

cassidy shrugged, "more than i normally would by this time... i'd say— maybe 5... 6 cups?" lilith widened her eyes at her best friend and turned to randall, "what's your excuse for being hyper?"

randall shrugged, "i'm trying to match her energy." cassidy turned to hamish fast, "oh yeah, why weren't you living in this sweet place?"

"well, i find wolfing out in downtown norwich basically impossible." replied hamish and cassidy chuckled, "so you decide to instead wolf out at a college campus? nice job mr leader."

hamish made a taunting face at cassidy, making the girl stick her tongue out at him back as he spoke, "will this hold the contents of the vault?"

cassidy nodded as jack spoke up, "yeah, this'll hold everything." cassidy glared at the boy but her attention was quickly taken when randall suddenly screamed, "we're doing a magic heist!"

randall sat down on the beige couch with a smile and cassidy quickly ran over to the boy with a smile of her own on her face. she collapsed at his side, randall wrapping his arms around her and kissing the top of her head.

lilith turned to the two and watched as cassidy looked far less chaotic than she did a few seconds prior and a laugh left the shorter girls lips, "coffee energy gone?"

"gone so fast it's like it wasn't even there." spoke cassidy, finding it hard to stay focused on the people around her with randall's steady breathing on her head.

lilith sighed, turning towards jack and hamish who had been having their own little talk, "you do realize we have one small problem."

"and that is?" questioned jack. cassidy opened her eyes, sitting up a bit as she looked between the two. "none of us can access the reliquary." spoke lilith, walking towards hamish and jack.

"shit. liliths right. we're gonna need a magistrates." spoke jack and cassidy rose her hand, "you'd have one if you didn't get me demoted."

lilith, ignoring her blonde friend, spoke again, "or, at least their access sigil."

cassidy put her head back, so she was looking at randall but he was upside down, "why must we always need alyssa for help? most times we have to trick it out of her anyways."

randall shrugged, wrapping his own arms around cassidy and she wrapped hers over his, "we don't exactly know any other magistrates'."

"touché."

"ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDNT MESS IT UP?" quietly whispered cassidy as the pack walked towards the grand magus' office. she had a bad feeling that somehow jack had messed something up with the spell and didn't want anything blowing up in her face.

jack sent the girl a small glare, "for the tenth time, yes i'm sure. i did the spell just as practiced and got what we needed."

cassidy rolled her eyes, "fine, but if i blow up i'm gonna be so pissed."

lilith looked worried now as she looked between cassidy and jack, "yeah actually, are you sure this is gonna work?"

randall quickly added on, "what happens if it doesn't work? it better work." jack sighed, "it's gonna work, guys."

the group walked up to the grand mangus' office doors together, randall quickly grabbed cassidys left hand as her right hand found its way into liliths. jack held his left palm up towards the door and the doors quickly shot open.

"holy shit it worked we didn't blow up." smiled cassidy. jack sent her a 'thanks' look that cassidy quickly shrugged off with a playful smile and the group walked into veras office.

they made it through the bookcase protection and stood just before the arching ceiling of where everything was. hamish pointed up at the words engraved, trying to guess who said it, "hm, milton." randall tilted his head a bit, "mm, goethe."

jack than began speaking words in latin and everyone turned his way, waiting for the big reveal. "dante." finished jack, leading hamish and randall to make an "ahh" sound.

"smell you." sneered lilith semi jokingly. jack quickly explained, "big sign over pops bathroom, and truer words were never spoken."

cassidy shrugged, "i hated having to take latin as a kid, i think i blocked it out of my mind because of how painful it was to sit through."

"this is too easy." noted lilith. "it's like vera wants to be robbed."

randall smiled, "candy from a baby." jack looked forwards, becoming serious, "don't jinx it." cassidy looked between her friends as they began to walk in, "shouldn't we like— hold hands or something?"

jack shook his head, "that was probably just their way of keeping you from wandering off." cassidy gasped in betrayl but followed the rest of the group in anyways, ignoring her gut which told her to turn back.

AUTHORS NOTE!
heyyyy it is me with an update wow. i think i'm definitely holding off on writing this just because i have no clue how i'll end it and that stresses me out the closer i get but i love cassidy and this story so i'm pushing through!

hope you enjoyed this chapter!