CHAPTER SIXTEEN

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter sixteen
╚═══════════╝

❝ HALCYON
ᶜᵃˡᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵖᵉᵃᶜᵉᶠᵘˡ; ʰᵃᵖᵖʸ, ᵖʳᵒˢᵖᵉʳᵒᵘˢ ❞

CASSIDY DECIDED TO SIT IN ON ALL JACKS LESSONS. there was really no point to it besides she was curious on how the wolves did what they did. they were all fine with her sitting in so that's what she did.

"do you hear that? the ringing?" questioned jack, who was only wearing a towel. "don't worry about it." replied randall who also only had a towel on, no shirt.

cassidy noticed that detail right away.

"why must i wear a towel?"

"so you don't ruin your clothes."

"why do you have to wear a towel?"

"because i'm body-positive. cassidy tell him the system works." cassidy found herself having to look up before nodding, "yeah don't challenge the system... it works."

"now quit changing the subject. you've taught yourself how to keep silverback in. now all you have to do is let him out." explained randall as he took a step back.

"okay?" randall looked at jack who nodded, "okay." jack than began making noises and shaking his arms around to get in the moment.

"take your time." offered randall and jack gave him a thumbs up back. suddenly jack scrunched up his face and began grunting. he continued until randall spoke up, "looks like you're dumbing one out."

"you're not helping." replied jack making randall laugh, "jack, just... stop. just watch. just watch."

randall stepped far back before smiling and reaching to undo his towel from around his hips. cassidy found herself watching very closely to what randall was doing with wide eyes.

he dropped the towel and right as he did, he transformed. he transformed into the giant werewolf that began this whole adventure for cassidy and she couldn't help but be really impressed by his control.

just as quickly as he transformed, the wolf randall bent down and changed back right as randall had the towel wrapped around his waist again.

cassidy looked down at the book she had with her before mumbling to herself, "so glad i chose to sit in on this."

she didn't know it, but randall had heard and a small smile fell onto his lips.

"that was mildly impressive." mused jack making randall chuckle, "you kidding?" jack wondered, "how did you get turned?"

randall sighed, "freshman year, i was out for a run and saw this scumbag try to grab a kid off the playground. i chased him down and held him until the cops arrived. hamish saw it. asked me if i wanted to join the brotherhood."

"asked?" questioned jack, asking being a foreign thing to him when it came to wolf stuff.

"yeah. he gave me this big speech about power and responsibility, and i was like, "dude, are you talking about superpowers?" and he said, "maybe." and i said, "sign me up." then they took me into the hide locker and greybeard chose me." explained randall.