CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter eighteen
╚═══════════╝

❝ ECCEDENTESIAST
ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ʷʰᵒ ʰⁱᵈᵉˢ ᵖᵃⁱⁿ ᵇᵉʰⁱⁿᵈ ᵃ ˢᵐⁱˡᵉ ❞

ALL THE WOLVES WERE CELEBRATING JACK JOINING THEM BY CHANTING "ONE OF US" OVER AND OVER. cassidy smiled at her friends as jack shotgunned a beer making everyone cheer.

"long is the road and short is the life. jack morton, welcome home." smiled hamish as he and jack shook hands.

"now let's kick evils ass!" exclaimed randall making everyone in the room cheer.

THE GROUP ALL SAT DOING SCHOOL WORK, BESIDES JACK. cassidy sat next to lilith as she worked on an essay questioning whether tests were helpful or harmful to the growing mind.

jack looked around at everyone, "hey." hamish looked up and lilith shushed jack. "i thought we were gonna fight evil?" whispered jack looking around at everyone.

"and we will. when there's evil to fight." responded randall before going back to his pre-med book. "until then, will you all please shut up so cassie and I can work on our essays?" snapped lilith.

"what are you writing about?" questioned hamish making lilith respond, "the feminist metaphor of mary shelleys frankenstein."

"let me guess. the monsters a clitoris." joked hamish making lilith fake laugh before flipping him off before frowning, "yes."

"cassidy?" wondered hamish and cassidy didn't even look up, "it's about questioning wether tests help or harm the growing human mind and how they do both with one still being wrong."

hamishs eyes widened a bit, "challenging question." cassidy sighed, "eh i guess. after doing the research and interviewing people of all ages it becomes a simpler question."

jack huffed, "so, what? we're just gonna sit around? it's already been a week." cassidy mumbled to herself, "and what a productive week it's been."

"jack, we can't go all "justice league" until our spidey-senses tingle." explained randall.

"no. i told you once. you can't mix DC and marvel." scolded hamish making randall nod and lightly remind himself, "DC and marvel. yeah."

"shouldn't we at least go out and look for evil doers?" wondered jack making hamish look at him, cassidy lightly moan in complaint, and lilith look at jack like he was an idiot, "you did not just say "evil doers."

"look, jack, being a knight is a sacred duty-"

"ha doody."

"-and i know you're anxious to get in on the game, but waiting is part of-" before hamish could finish, he suddenly turned around looking behind him.

jack stood up, "finally!" hamish waiting until the ringing left and went right back to reading his book.

"we're not going to go check that out?" questioned jack before lilith joked, "it's probably just your friend stealing another pizza."

"or maybe it's something evil killing people?" sassed jack and hamish sighed, "guys, i made my decision."

"oh, come on, lame-ish. once around the campus. what harm can it do?" questioned randall with a smile before lilith stood up, "anything to shut him up."

jack made a noise of excitement as randall went up to cassidy and held his hands out for her to stand up. she pouted, "do i have to come?" randall nodded and wiggled his fingers a bit making cassidy roll her eyes and take his hands before he quickly pulled her up.

jack began walking out of the room as the other three stripped down and cassidy groaned and walked out of the room.

"where you going?" questioned randall aimed at jack making lilith laugh a bit, "ah, is little jackie shy?"

"i'm an only child!" shouted jack as he turned to change after shutting a door. cassidy went and sat on the stairs waiting for all of them to do what they had to do so the group could get going.

IT WAS DARK OUT BY THE TIME THE GROUP HAD FOUND WHAT THEY WERE LOOKING FOR. all the wolves were in wolf form while cassidy quickly followed them, regretting the choice of coming in the first place.

they ran behind a car that was parked in the middle of nowhere. the wolves began circling the car while cassidy looked around to make sure no one else was there.

suddenly a girl was ripped out of the car by werewolf lilith and quickly murdered, making cassidy turn her head from all the blood.

"LILITH, YOU KILLED THAT GIRL!" snapped jack as he stared at lilith who just calmly looked back at him, "girl? she was barely human."

"oh, look, they're fighting." remarked hamish as he set down a cup in front of randall. randall bent down towards the cup, yawning, "guys. no. stop."

cassidy smiled a bit at the boy as she sat against the far wall from jack with her knees up to her chest.

"there are ways to do this without killing everyone." explained jack and lilith rolled her eyes, "what part of "werewolf" don't you understand?"

"honestly? i don't know why we spell it like "were," but pronounce it like "wear." rambled randall making cassidy shrug when he looked at her.

"what if that girl was possessed? maybe she was like clarke. maybe we could have saved her." freaked jack and lilith leaned forward, "look, fine. sometimes we can wear out a spell and not kill anyone and that's great. but if it comes down to me or some monster bitch who ate a guys face off, i'm getting mine."

jack walked towards lilith who was standing by now, "and how many innocent people have died so you can get your rocks off?"

"you're not in charge here." countered lilith and hamish walked between the two, "no, i am. you, stop trying to call the shots. you, stop trying to kill everybody."

cassidy gave the group a tired thumbs up as her head laid on her knees, "nice family meeting everyone, very productive."

AUTHORS NOTE!
hello i give you another chapter! i hope you enjoyed this one and please let me know your thoughts!

are there any moment in the series coming up your excited for me to add cassidy into?

do you like the slow burn i'm working on or are you more into quick love things?

don't forget to vote and comment!