CHAPTER TWENTY

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter twenty
╚═══════════╝

❝ KALON
ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗʸ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ⁱˢ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵃⁿ ˢᵏⁱⁿ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ❞

"YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE!" yelled lilith as she walked down the stairs towards jack. she had seen jack helping to bring five people with kyle to the orders base so that they could all die.

"okay, let's take a breath." remarked hamish but lilith continued, "you have the nerve to give me shit about eating some monsters heart, but you turn around and drive a van full of people to their death!"

"you what?" questioned randall as he sat reading a book. "it's the elemental transference. the spell needs willing sacrifices. five of them."

"you're supposed to be sabotaging it. not helping." reminded lilith and jack shouted, "i did sabotage it! okay? and we were up and running again in twelve hours."

"dude... we're your "we." frowned randall and lilith looked at jack, "so you failed. you admit it."

"no. look, i talked to coventry. i saw it in his eyes. he's so desperate for this spell, he'll do anything. he'll risk the entire order, and we need to know why." explained jack and hamish looked towards randall, "we know why."

randall stood up, "this spell cures sickness by passing it on to other people." he shoved the book he was holding into jacks hands while hamish spoke up again, "and they don't just die. the disease has to kill them, or else the whole thing reverses. it's torture, jack."

"when did i learn latin?" mumbled jack to himself as he read the book. he looked up, "look, no! if he's doing this spell, hes doing it for a reason. there has to be something big at the end of it. if we play it smart, i can figure out what coventry's after, what his plan is, and then at the right moment-"

"the moment is now! this is the reason we became knights!" interrupted lilith and jack looked her way, "what if we make it worse? what if we save these five people, and then he kills a thousand?"

"i won't let that happen."

jack turned to hamish, "he lit his hand on fire as a parlor trick. you go at him, he's gonna put you down. and then none of this is gonna matter."

"it's gonna matter to those five people."

"oh, whatever, "kill-ith."

lilith took a breath, "okay, i love that nickname, but this is still wrong." everyone was quiet for a second before jack turned to randall, "randall, you wanted an inside man. let me do my job as a knight."

randall pauses for a second, "do you think cass knows what's gonna happen?" jack shrugged, "i don't know but i think if she knew, she'd be in this room right now complaining about it."

randall stayed silent and jack turned to hamish, "hamish, no one can save those people, but we can stop edward coventry for good."

"you see a chance to stop this spell, you take it."

"i promise i will." promised jack and hamish nodded, "then go."