CHAPTER NINETEEN

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter nineteen
╚═══════════╝

❝ AGATHOKAKOLOGICAL
ᶜᵒᵐᵖᵒˢᵉᵈ ᵒᶠ ᵇᵒᵗʰ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵉᵛⁱˡ ❞

CASSIDY WAS BEING DRAGGED BY KYLE TOWARDS JACK AND ALYSSA. he had caught her leaving one of her classes and quickly grabbed the girl, forcing her to come with him on his hunt for alyssa.

once they made it up to two duo, cassidy pulled her hand free and kyle spoke up, "alyssa, hey. i'm glad i caught you. morton, you might as well hear this, too. there's gonna be an incantation this friday, and i happen to know it's going to be huge."

"it's not another destabilize the argentinian economy thing, is it?" smiled alyssa and kyle quickly responded, "no, no, no, no, no. it's way bigger than that. like, life and death type shit. id never heard of it before. it's called... an elemental something..."

cassidy looked at kyle shocked, "an elemental transference?" kyle looked at cassidy and nodded, "yeah, that's it. that's it."

HAMISH LOOKED AT JACK, "WHAT THE HELL IS AN ELEMENTAL TRANSFERENCE?" "that's what i asked. it's not in any of the basic spell books. alyssa and cassidy both said it's super rare. but trust me, if coventry ordered it, it can't be good." explained jack.

randall subliminally lifted the pitcher of beer up towards jack who rolled his eyes, "i've done it twice already. go to the bar."

randall pouted, "i dont want to go. it's too crowded. come on." lilith spoke up, "i want to go on record that i am completely opposed to this."

randall shook the pitcher at jack as hamish questioned lilith, "you want to go to the bar?" she looked behind herself, "yeah, no."

cassidy rolled her eyes and quickly pulled out her knife before quickly slicing her palm, "anaplerosi." the pitcher quickly began filling up until it was completely full again and cassidy grabbed a napkin, holding it to her hand.

randall smiled before looking around, "why is there no ringing?" hamish shrugged, "we haven't heard ringing anytime cassidy did a spell... maybe it's just her."

"so cool." smiled randall as he grabbed the pitcher and poorer himself more beer. jack looked around the table, "look, we have to figure out what this elemental transference is and why they want it."

"no we need to stop them." fought back lilith and jack looked at her, "you can't just storm the temple on this one. the place is defended with a fuck-ton of magic spells."

"that's ten shit-tons. impressive." remarks hamish.

cassidy nodded, "jacks right. after kyle told us about it i called my mom to see what she knew since she is on the council and all she told me was it was a serious spell and that if there was one mistake a lot of people would die."

"see all the more reason we can't storm into the place." stated jack making lilith fight back, "i suppose you have a better idea?"

"i'm behind enemy lines. okay, i can sabotage the spell from the inside, and stall for time while you guys research what it does." concluded jack and hamish nodded, "sounds good."

cassidy shook her head, "nope sorry i'm not gonna help plot to kill a bunch of people. please try and think this through before you murder more than need to die, see you guys later."

she quickly left the blade & chalice as the knights looked at each other weirdly and randall spoke up, "think she's okay?"

lilith shrugged, "probably just stressed because if her mom is apart of this that means her parents will be there for everything that happens, she's nervous now."

jack looked at lilith confused, "how do you know so much for knowing so little about the order?" lilith rolled her eyes, "she's still my best friend dumbass. just because we didn't talk about the order or werewolf stuff before recently doesn't mean we didn't talk about our family lives."

lilith continued, "but anyways, i think that idea is stupid. we're supposed to be the knights of saint christopher, not the nerds of saint christopher."

"and what if he gets caught?" wondered randall and hamish responded, "they'll probably just kill him."

"wait, what?"

hamish looked at jack, "hey, this is your idea." lilith looked at hamish and randall, "when he screws up and dies, we go with my plan."

randall nodded, "deal." everyone, besides jack, clinked their glasses together with big smiles on their faces.

CASSIDY WALKED AROUND THE TEMPLE WITH A CHECKLIST. she wanted everything to go smoothly, even if she didn't know all that would happen, and she wanted her parents to be happy with her.

it wasn't always easy being in the montgomery line. you were often expected to be better than everyone else by nature. it was a family so deep in magic that not being in the order and not being successful because of it would be the biggest failure one could have.

so to say cassidy was nervous would be an understatement.

cassidy walked around checking everything when she saw one of the containers of quicksilver bubbling. her eyes grew wide and she quickly went to vera to try and see if they could salvage it.

they couldn't and vera called a meeting.

"two days of preparation ruined. and i'd like to know who's responsible." vera looked around the room and cassidy made quick eye contact with jack, which turned into her glaring at him, before he quickly turned away.

"hm?" questioned vera as she continued to look around. suddenly alyssa stood up with a frown on her face, "it was me. the transference chains were my responsibility. i asked kyle to take over while... i checked on something else."

"ms. drake. this kind of failure is unacceptable. you're banned from the temple until we've completed the transference." decided vera and cassidys eyes went wide, not expecting alyssas punishment to be that consequential.

"yes, magus." frowned alyssa as she quickly left the temple. cassidy looked over at jack to see a guilty expression on his face and she knew it was his fault.

that definitely stressed her out.

AUTHORS NOTE!
hello readers! i hope you enjoyed this chapter and please vote and comment!