CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter thirty one
╚═══════════╝

❝ RESFEBER
ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵉˢᵗˡᵉˢˢ ʳᵃᶜᵉ ᵒᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵗʳᵃᵛᵉˡˡᵉʳ'ˢ ʰᵉᵃʳᵗ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʲᵒᵘʳⁿᵉʸ ᵇᵉᵍⁱⁿˢ ❞

THE FOUR WENT BACK TO THE BASEMENT AND HAMISH PUT MIDNIGHTS HIDE OVER JACKS SHOULDERS. "gentle." breathed out jack before continuing, "hey, cannon fodder... what do you say you and i go fight some evil magic?"

jack made a face before looking up at the three in front of him, "duh... it should be jumping in to me by now, shouldn't it?"

jack made his dumb face again before sighing, "okay, you told me cannon fodder picks anyone who gets close to it."

randall nodded, "yeah. it usually does. it sure worked with kyle."

"maybe it's because i'm still bonded to silverback?" offered jack and cassidy shrugged, "try talking to it as if you guys have the same personality?"

jack gave her a look and she shrugged, "hey! i don't know man ember bonded with me after i told lilith and hamish to stop arguing."

"the journals never called him cannon fodder. he's midnight. grafton davis called him the noblest of the knights." explained hamish and jack looked at him confused, "who?"

"he's another knight." explained randall and hamish continued, "and according to grafton, midnight would always be the one who would..."

jack rolled his eyes, "who would what?" hamish paused for a second before replying, "sacrifice himself."

jack nodded, "okay. midnight, please. we've got work to do. i know the risk. i accept it." the hide began moving around jacks body before bonding with him, making the other three smile.

"THANKS FOR THE SHIRT." thanked jack as he walked down the steps to the main hall. randall shrugged, "i wear it better." cassidy laughed before nodding, which led randall to give her a high five.

"we need to talk about a plan." stated hamish and cassidy raised her hand, "i have one! kick ass and take names."

hamish rolled his eyes, "an actual plan, please."

"go to the temple, get alyssa and lilith, stop the ceremony, and destroy the book." stated jack and cassidy rolled her eyes, liking her plan better.

"that's not a plan. that's an end goal." reprimanded hamish and randall shrugged, "i love it." cassidy turned to him, "hey what about mine!"

randall put his hand on her shoulder, "i loved it even more." cassidy nodded and hamish rolled his eyes, "we're not going in there guns blazing. coventry will take us all down."

"then we go in guns not-blazing." responded randall and jack added, "but we go in."

"long is the road and short is the life." stated randall.