CHAPTER THIRTEEN

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter thirteen
╚═══════════╝

❝ EESOME
ᵖˡᵉᵃˢⁱⁿᵍ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉʸᵉ ❞

CASSIDY HAD NOTICED WEIRD THINGS GOING ON ALL DAY. at one moment she saw jack with one of his professors, who soon tripped over a bag and was hit by a bike and later she was walking down the halls of the dorms and watched as a pizza delivery guy got tackled.

it definitely didn't seem to be just normal belgrave weirdness.

cassidy texted lilith to grab the boys and meet her at the blade & chalice because she wanted to tell them about what had been happening that day.

when she arrived, the three were already there and seemed to be staring at people. when cassidy looked to where they were staring, she saw gabrielle, brandon, and jack very buddy buddy huddled together.

cassidy scrunched her face up in confusion before sliding into the seat next to lilith and across from randall.

"when i texted you saying things felt off today i didn't know it would turn into jack hanging with brandon and gabrielle off." mumbled cassidy as she began to stare at the group of three along with the wolves.

"remind me why we haven't dealt with him yet?" questioned lilith making hamish respond, "because we've been running all over town like idiots, trying to track down whoever is doing all this magic."

"ten bucks says it's some frost testing out their first set of tarot cards." excused randall as cassidy between lilith and hamish, "it's normal for acolytes to do unsanctioned magic... maybe it's them."

lilith looked at cassidy, "it is possible... i just can't remember it ever being this bad." hamish looked at lilith, "you're kidding, right? every year, the new order recruits get a taste and start using magic on themselves."

cassidy shrugged, "not every new recruit is a total idiot... just most of them. it's easier to make mistakes like not making a sacrifice when you haven't been taught that you have to make one yet."

randall nodded in agreement making cassidy smile as lilith sighed, "it's him. look at him. yesterday he's thrift store chic and today he's mr. fancy pants."

"maybe he's gotta do laundry." shrugged randall as cassidy watched jack and hamish scoffed, "no, she's right. those pants are fairly fancy."

cassidy exhaled, "so many fucking nicknames ugh how am i suppose to remember them all?"

lilith ignored her and continued, "how is a townie getting magic?" cassidy looked at randall confused, assuming he told the two about jack.

when he began changing his posture, she knew he hadn't, "yeah, i probably should've mentioned this before, but... jacks in the order."

"shut the fuck up." stated lilith, face void of emotion. randall looked at her, "so he's in the hermetic order of the blue rose. that doesn't make him a bad guy."