CHAPTER TWELVE

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter twelve
╚═══════════╝

❝ LUDIC
ᶠᵘˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᶠᵘⁿ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰⁱᵍʰ ˢᵖⁱʳⁱᵗˢ ❞

CASSIDY WALKED INTO THE MAIN ROOM OF THE TEMPLE NEXT TO ALYSSA. she looked over at selena, one of the magistrates, who was already glaring back towards cassidy and alyssa.

"of course she was invited, little miss special treatment and what is the other medicum doing here?" glared selena as cassidy took alyssas hand, pulling her behind the table in the middle.

the doors opened, "okay, vera says that you're the ones with the most potential. potential will get you into the door, but it will not guarantee you a seat at the table." the grand magus took a cloth off of the thing on the table to reveal an obsidian block being held up.

"this obsidian block is estimated to be between 1500 and 2000 years old. but spoiler alert. this is no ordinary..." the grand magus went to to diego, another magistrate, before going behind the boys ear and pulling out a bug.

"...hunk of rock." finished the grand magus as he walked over to the obsidian and dropped the bug on it, making the bug explode.

"something is inside this obsidian that people don't want others to have. i want you to reverse engineer the magic protecting this stone." explained the grand magus as alyssa wrote something down.

cassidy looked towards alyssa to see kyle looking down at alyssas notebook where she wrote down deleatur?

kyle quickly spoke up, "magus? with your permission?" the grand magus allowed him to try and kyle went next to the obsidian.

he quickly took out his knife before cutting his palm, "deleatur!" he flicked his hand forward before a spike quickly shot at him, making cassidy flinch.

"you know how to heal that?" questioned the grand magus making kyle shake his head no. "right. my driver will take you to the hospital. now you know what you're dealing with, impress me." stated the grand magus before continuing, "alyssa. make sure the temple gets a proper cleansing."

"at once, magus." stated alyssa as diego looked at alyssa, "now we know why she's here." selena laughed making cassidy flip the duo off before turning to alyssa.

"don't worry he totally brought you in because of how amazing you are, not to clean." cassidy smiled a bit at alyssa to cheer her up but she just frowned at the girl, "then why aren't you also cleaning? or is your last name that important?"

cassidy could hear the jealously and aggression in alyssas voice but ignored it, she knew how much more important magic was to alyssa than it was to herself.

"he probably just said the first name that came to mind. even if not, i'm not into this challenge so i'm probably dropping out." alyssa looked at cassidy like she was crazy, "why would you choose not to participate? it's a great opportunity!"

cassidy rolled her eyes, "because lyssa i've got other stuff going on and i don't need to be the grand magus' bestie, that's versa job." alyssa sighed, "you really don't want to participate?"

cassidy shrugged, "it doesn't look like much fun if you get it wrong and i'd rather keep my arm, see ya."

alyssa waved goodbye and cassidy began to walk out before turning around, "oh, and if i were you i'd try secreta tua revelentur. bye!"

cassidy walked out of the temple and headed towards the small coffee stand, even though it was getting dark.

she quickly ordered her drink and payed before she began walking back towards her dorm. on the way, she texted lilith asking if she wanted to come other and study, lilith quickly replied yes.

cassidy smiled before quickening her pace towards her dorm.

when she made it, she opened the door to see lilith already in the room. cassidy looked at her confused, "how'd you get in here?"

"i forced randall to use his RA power to make me a key."

"oh." responded cassidy before shrugging and sitting down next to lilith. cassidy grabbed her books and opened them up before beginning to take notes.

the two sat in silence for around thirty minutes before there was a knock on cassidys door. she looked at lilith confused, who just shrugged, before standing up and opening her door.

"hello... boys? what are you two doing here?" cassidy looked at randall and hamish confused before they both smiled and walked in.

"come in? i guess." mumbled cassidy as the two boys took seats. hamish at her vanity and randall on her bed.

lilith rolled her eyes, "i told you both you couldn't come. what about no don't you understand?" randall smiled and held up a bag, "we brought snacks."

cassidy smiled, "you can stay." she quickly took a seat next to randall on the bed before he offered her some of the snack.

hamish sighed, "we also came to see if cassidy would tell us if anything happened at her little order party." cassidy shrugged, "the grand magus did a trick like always, i was called in to be told to go to something today, and.... oh yeah! i think jack almost turned but i didn't follow him so i wouldn't know."

randall looked at cassidy with a smile, "what'd you do today?" before she could respond hamish spoke again, "no offense but we don't really need to know. i'll be honest i was mostly testing you to see if you'd tell us about the jack thing, so good job passing."

cassidy stuck her tongue out at hamish, "you don't deserve to know what i did today anyways, to cool for you." randall frowned and cassidy smiled at him, "i'll tell you later because you're nice to me."

he nodded his head as hamish rolled his eyes yet had a small smile on his face when he made eye contact with lilith.

the two would never tell cassidy and randall but they had a bet going on since freshman year about when the two would finally realize they liked each other.

it was harder to get the two to realize it than they thought it would be.

"anyways, i have papers to grade and i'm guessing you all have work to do so let's get to work." stated hamish making randall sigh in annoyance, "oh come on hamisticks! work is boring!"

cassidy tried to hold in the laughter she had at randall's nickname as hamish looked at him completely terrified.

"hamisticks? absolutely not!"

AUTHORS NOTE!
hello! how are you? i hope you're doing well and i hope you liked this update! please let me know how it's going for you!!!

and also please let me know what you thought of the chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! <3