CHAPTER FIVE

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter five
╚═══════════╝

❝ SERENDIPITY
ᶠⁱⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵍᵒᵒᵈ ʷⁱᵗʰᵒᵘᵗ ˡᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᶠᵒʳ ⁱᵗ ❞

CASSIDY WALKED QUICKLY OUT OF HER SOCIAL SCIENCE CLASS WHEN SHE FELT SOMEONE PULL HER INTO AN EMPTY ROOM. her first instinct was to kick them so that's what she did.

"ouch! cassidy!"

cassidy quickly looked over and saw that jack had pulled her into the room. she sighed and put her hand up to grab between her eyes brows in annoyance, "why would you think it's smart to just randomly grab someone and pull them into an empty room?"

jack smiled sheepishly, "sorry about that but i needed to speak to you privately."

"okay well what do you need?" questioned cassidy already into the idea of just leaving. jacks face suddenly got very serious, "i know you were one of the people in the masks at the order neophytes meeting. and before you try to tell me it wasn't you just remember that i also know alyssa was there."

cassidy quickly looked out of the room to make sure no one was there before turning back to jack, her arms crossed, "i don't know what you think you heard but i can tell you it's false... but if it was true i'd tell you to stop sticking your nose in places it doesn't belong. this gets really dangerous, jack."

he smiled in satisfaction, "so it was you! i was honestly only 60 percent sure but now you've given it up!"

cassidy looked at him in horror before quickly turning away and walking off, silently cussing at herself for giving enough up for him to draw more conclusions.

CASSIDY STOOD NEXT TO ALYSSA AND KYLE IN THEIR ROBES AND MASKS. they had been summoned to see who had been the one to claim one of the three coins.

when they got there it was jack and another boy whom cassidy didn't know. the unknown boy was bleeding from his arm while jack looked perfectly fine and had the coin.

"i found it first." stated the unknown boy which almost made cassidy laugh. it didn't matter who found it first the only thing that mattered was who's hand it was in.

"but....you couldn't claim it." stated kyle before alyssa went into her pocket and grabbed some of their mind wiping dust, throwing it at the boy.

he quickly fell back, unconscious, as two other order members caught him.

jack quickly turned towards the three in front of him, "what are you gonna do with him?" "with who?" answered kyle, making jack quickly turn around to see no one there.

kyle quickly grabbed both alyssa and cassidys hands making them disappear so that when jack turned back around, they were gone as well.

once they were in the clear, cassidy quickly took her hand out of kyles. alyssa did the same making kyle roll his eyes before sending the girls off.

they walked together quietly, after taking off their robes and masks and handing them to kyle, before cassidy spoke up.

"he's catching into everything." alyssa looked at cassidy confused so she continued, "jack. he pulled me into an empty classroom earlier today and told me he knew we were both in the order."

alyssa sighed, really hopping jack would just make it in so they wouldn't have to keep lying.

"i'll take care of it."

cassidy nodded in agreement before walking off on her own to go and meet up with lilith for their free period.

when she made it to the blade & chalice, she smiled at her best friend before taking a seat next to lilith. lilith looked up from her drink and smiled a bit at her best friend.

"hey cassie." cassidy smiled once again before responding, "hey lilbill." lilith rolled her eyes at the nickname but still allowed cassidy to call her by it, just no one else.

the two talked for a while before cassidys phone dinged. she looked down to see a message from vera, the temple magus, which told her to go to the temple immediately.

cassidy sighed before looking at lilith, "i've got to go, sorry." lilith nodded, "it's cool i'll see you later, okay?"

cassidy nodded with a small smile before grabbing her things and quickly heading to the hidden temple.

when she arrived cassidy quickly stood next to alyssa and waited for vera to explain why they were all gathered there.

vera looked around, we've had another murder but this time we can see what they saw... let us begin."

"maia revelentur." spoke vera as everyone stared at the fog in front of them that was quickly turning into a memory from the eyeball.

cassidy watched as it would cut in and cut out as the neophyte moved. then suddenly jacks face appeared and he was speaking, "drea, hang on. amir, call an ambulance."

"did you hear that?" questioned another voice which cassidy could only assume to be amir. jack looked back at his friend, "amir, be careful, eh? hey! amir, call 911 now!"

jack turned his attention back to drea, "no, no. stay with me. stay with me. help! help!"

the memory faded and everyone was left with the feeling of sadness. vera quickly looked away from everyone, "necromancy." she dropped the eyeball and it quickly began burning.

vera snapped her fingers and one of the kids handed her a napkin as she continued, "it's so disgusting."

cassidy watched as the eyeball caught fire and continued to burn, unable to stop watching the sad thing in front of her.

alyssa wrapped her arm around cassidys shoulders in comfort as the girl continued to stare down, unable to look away from the small fire in front of her.

when she finally did look up, cassidy smiled a bit towards alyssa as the two made it out of the temple and back towards their own dorms.

AUTHORS NOTE !
hi! hope you enjoyed this chapter and sorry i was gone for a bit, lost a bit of inspiration for this book but i'm back at it now!

anyways vote and comment! <3