CHAPTER FORTY

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter forty
╚═══════════╝

❝ VAD
ʷⁱˡᵈ, ᵘⁿᵗᵃᵐᵉᵈ, ᵘⁿᶜᵒⁿᵗʳᵒˡˡᵉᵈ, ᵘⁿʳᵉᵍᵘˡᵃʳ ❞

"SO, YOU'RE BACK IN SILVERBACK." smirked randall and jack nodded, "i am." "how jack got his silverback." smiled randall with a small joking giggle at the end, which made cassidy smile.

"stop." spoke jack, not enjoying randall's joking as much as the others were. "i have to admit, i half expected midnight to take you with him." spoke lilith, causing hamish to speak, "that reminds me, you owe me $20."

randall looked at jack, eyes wide, "silverback by popular demand." cassidy put her face in her hand, "oh my god."

"okay." spoke jack before watching lilith pull out a twenty and hand it to hamish, "woah, you guys bet on whether i would live or die?"

"i bet you'd live because i believe in you." spoke hamish before sending randall a small smirk, "johann sebastian silver-bach."

hamish made a tada motion with his hands, causing cassidy to put her hand over her mouth to stop her laughing. "hamish." smiled jack, a bit shocked hamish joined in on the nicknames.

"and i bet against you cause i'm a cynic." spoke lilith, looking at jack. cassidy nodded, "i would have bet with lilith because i thought it would be funny but randall wouldn't lend me $20 to bet on your death."

randall nodded a bit at that before pointing at jack, "silverback to the future." cassidy high-fived him for that one as lilith laughed, "you are such an idiot."

"how do you do it? how do you kill someone and not... care?" questioned alyssa, looking at the group. if cassidy were being completely honest, she had forgotten alyssa was even there.

jack looked at the girl, "we care."

"no, i... i want your advice." frowned alyssa. the knights all looked at each other, no one really knew how to respond. the only person cassidy had killed had been the order member when she lost control but she hadn't given herself the time to really dig in deep and digest she took a life.

she still had troubles watching the others murder. so, cassidy honestly couldn't give alyssa advice because, well, she didn't even have a way of copping either.

"well, i certainly hope that was the last respondeo i have to do for a while. miss drake. congratulations are in order. it was unfortunate you were forced to dispatch with our suspect before we could question her motives, but the situation is resolved." smiled vera.

alyssa nodded, "thank you, grand magus." vera turned to the knights, "and as for you five... well, you can clean that up."

vera quickly left the room and randall and lilith both made their own noises of disapproval before lilith and hamish quickly left, followed by randall who had put his hand out to cassidy, who quickly took it and the two were off to help clean.

"you know, they're so confused how the five of us have someone bonded again yet always leave it to the five of us to clean up, just the five of us." spoke cassidy and randall nodded, "yeah, almost as if they are unknowingly bringing us together even without our memories back."