CHAPTER THIRTY

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter thirty
╚═══════════╝

❝ AESTHETE
ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵈᵉᵉᵖ ˢᵉⁿˢⁱᵗⁱᵛⁱᵗʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵉᵃᵘᵗʸ ᵒᶠ ᵃʳᵗ ᵒʳ ⁿᵃᵗᵘʳᵉ ❞

THE GROUP PULLED OUT THE BEER PONG TABLE AND LAID JACK ON TOP OF IT. they all tried to catch their breaths as hamish and lilith lifted up the bottom of jacks shirt to show the long red cut on his lower back.

"okay. now what?" questioned jacks grandfather and randall replied, "we wait." jack began to groan as the cut moved up and down as silverback tried to break out of jack.

everyone groaned in disgust and randall looked at the cut ready, "next time it breaks though." jacks grandfather put his arms on jack to keep the boy down as did cassidy, hamish, and lilith while randall got ready to pull silverback out.

silverback began trying to break through again and once he was high enough, randall stated, "now!" everyone began holding jack down besides randall who pulled the hide out of a now screaming jack.

"i take it back! this is more like a birth than a tissue rejection." commented randall and lilith snapped back, "on what planet is this like a birth?"

randall continued to pull and hamish looked at the hide, "guys, there's something written inside of it." jack yelled again as randall pulled silverback all the way out.

"i got it. i got it." smiled randall before noticing no one else smiling. everyone stared at jack who had gone completely silent and still.

his grandfather leaned towards him again and began silently crying over jacks head. jacks grandfather looked at both girls, who were now wrapped up in each others arms, "you both know magic. bring him back."

cassidy couldn't find any words as lilith shook her head, "we can't. i'm sorry. we can't resurrect the dead."

jacks grandfather than stood up, "first, my chloe. and now, jack." he quickly began walking towards the door as cassidy wiped her eyes and hamish called, "mr. morton, wait."

he ignored hamish and walked out the door. everyone stood around jack in silence, not knowing what to say, each proceeding what had happened.

RANDALL SAT DOWN STARING AT JACK, TEARS IN HIS EYES. cassidy came up behind him and put a hand on his shoulder, "hey. just sitting here isn't going to help him."

randall nodded and got up, wiping the tears from his eyes before cassidy brought him into a tight hug and lilith walked around the two towards silverbacks hide that they had pinned to the wall.

hamish walked into the room, "i think this writing is part of that vade maecum you were talking about." randall unwrapped himself from the hug but quickly grabbed cassidys hand instead as he walked next to hamish, "you found something?"

"this is the journal of grafton davis, also known as alpha." stated hamish and lilith looked at him confused, "alpha? there was another knight?"