CHAPTER ELEVEN

╔═════════════════╗
WOLF BOY
╚═════════════════╝

╔═══════════╗
chapter eleven
╚═══════════╝

❝ MOROSIS
ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵘᵖⁱᵈᵉˢᵗ ᵒᶠ ˢᵗᵘᵖⁱᵈⁱᵗⁱᵉˢ ❞

CASSIDY HAD INVITED ALYSSA TO GET READY FOR THE PARTY THAT EVENING IN HER ROOM. it made more sense for alyssa to come over instead of there being a chance that her roommate asked questions.

the two girls where busy doing separate things, cassidy was putting on her lavender dress that cut low while alyssa was doing her hair.

alyssa was wearing a dark navy dress but didn't have her makeup on yet, while all cassidy had to do now was her hair.

cassidy turned to alyssa, "do you think it's too much?" alyssa looked over at the girl and smiled, "you look amazing cassie."

cassidy smiled, "thanks, so do you." alyssa smiled in gratitude before returning to the low bun she was creating. cassidy sat in front of her vanity and began working on her own bun for her hair.

before the girls knew it, it was time to go and they were walking out of the door.

when they made it to the party cassidy smiled. it looked so pretty to her and she was just happy she wasn't working it like the acolytes have too.

she chatted up random people and walked around the party until she heard, "we're suppose to be learning magic, not bartending."

"maybe they are just teaching us patience." stated jack before gabrielle responded, "i am very patient, just ask my roommate, who's still alive, even though she insists on invading my personal space."

another boy, who cassidy knew to be brandon, laughed, "of course you'd go straight to murder." gabrielle replied, "it's not murder, it's feminism."

cassidy walked up to the group and leaned against the bar, "trust me, they just make the acolytes do it so they don't have to."

brandon pointed to cassidy as his argument on how stupid the rules where making jack sigh, "look, i know it sucks, but... if we just work hard and keep our heads down and-"

"don't fuck up" finished the grand magus who had appeared right behind jack. the grand magus turned to cassidy, "are you making sure these acolytes do their jobs, miss montgomery?"

cassidy nodded, "of course, grand magus. i wouldn't think to do anything else." she gave a small wink towards the acolytes making them chuckle a bit. the grand magus was going to respond before vera began clinking her glass, making him roll his eyes.

"oh boy. here we go."

"tonight, we have a very special guest in our presence. an alumni, former temple magus of this chapter, and our current grand magus. our very own, edward coventry."

people began to clap as cassidy smiled, excited for the trick he'd be showing them all this year.

"i told vera, no speeches. magic. can you believe it? sometimes, i can't. you know... i'm so jealous of our new recruits. you're about to start the biggest adventure of your lives. part of me wishes that i could be there with you when your first simple spell is a success. incensetur."

the grand magus snapped his fingers and cassidy saw jack bend down a bit. the grand magus showed the room what he had in his hand, lead, as jack scooted last cassidy holding onto the bar.

"then there's that moment... when you realize that with practice... dedication... commitment..." the grand magus began squeezing the lead in his hand over a candle, which then made his hand catch on fire.

"fiats aurum." stated the grand magus as his now bloodied had continued to be in fire. "... anything is possible."

when he took his hand away from the flame, the fire on his hand went out and he opened his palm to reveal gold.

everyone gasped before beginning to clap, well everyone but jack.

cassidy clapped in amazement before she watched jack run out of the room. "there's one every year." joked the grand magus as cassidy sighed, deciding not to run after jack.

when the party ended, cassidy was sat with her head resting on alyssas shoulder as alyssa sat next to kyle as he talked.

alyssa had the gold in her hand and was moving it around as kyle tried to impress her, "lead into gold? big deal. you know, i can totally do that."

alyssa looked at him, "sure, you could." kyle looked at alyssa, "what? it's a simple transformation spell. that's it."

cassidy sighed, mumbling a bit into alyssas arm, "then quit yapping and do it already if you're so cool." kyle rolled his eyes, "how do you get more sarcastic when half asleep?"

"it's a gift."

alyssa looked at kyle, "cassies right, switch it back to lead." she handed the gold to kyle who began making excuses, "you know, i would, but i've been drinking, so..."

cassidy rolled her eyes, "dude just admit that you can't do it." the two ignored her as alyssa looked at kyle, "do you think we'll ever be that powerful?"

"oh, yes. with a little luck, a lot of hard work, anything is possible." stated vera, seemingly coming out of nowhere.

"miss drake, miss montgomery, the grand magus would like to have a word with the two of you." stated vera making cassidy lift her head up, "whatever it was i swear it wasn't me."

vera shook her head, "no just come on." "did he say why?" questioned kyle, which made cassidy smirk and stick her tongue out at him before being pulled away by vera.

the two girls stood in the grand magus' office, alyssa freaking out and cassidy chipping at her nail polish.

"are we in trouble?" finally questioned alyssa making vera look up, "what makes you say that?"

"just because i don't know why i'm here and cassidy is constantly in trouble."

"well, the... maybe you're in trouble." whispered vera making cassidy frown, "but i didn't even do anything this time! i'd remember. also alyssa i'm not always in trouble."

before either of the other two women in the room could respond, the door opened and the grand magus walked through the door, "vera... stop tormenting them. alyssa drake and cassidy montgomery."

he grabbed a hand of each girl, "it's a pleasure." alyssa smiled before turning the grand magus' hand, "your hand. it's healed."

"i know. cool, right? i've heard so much about both of you." stated the grand magus making alyssa smile, "all good, i hope."

cassidy grimaced, "apologies in advance."

the grand magus shook his head at her, amused, "let's say i'm intrigued. meet me in the temple tomorrow afternoon. i have an interesting assignment for you both."

alyssa tried to hold back her excitement, "i'd be honored." she didn't know what to call him so he quickly responded, "edward, please. and that goes for you too miss montgomery."

cassidy nodded with a small smile.

"you may go now, girls." stated vera making both girls nod before walking off, alyssa excitedly whispering to cassidy about what she thought would be happening the next afternoon.

AUTHORS NOTE!
please let me know all about how you liked this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment! <3