58 ~ Second Trimester

Everyone were shocked at Kalyani's words. Mallika's eyes shot at Sumedh, as she remembered Tunisha's words about Sumedh's child, which she left abondoned.

Tears pooled in her eyes. Sumedh accidentally looked at her and got confused, seeing her teary eyes. He moved to her, meanwhile Tunisha exclaimed, "About what child you are talking, Ammo?"

Kalyani smiled at her and made her to sit in the living room couch, "Wait! Kartik bring those reports."

Kartik nodded his head and went to his room. Sumedh held Mallika's hand and whispered, "What happened, Jaan?"

Mallika just shook her head as nothing. Meanwhile Kartik came back with medical report. Kalyani got that and gave to Tunisha. She opened it with frown and her eyes widened in shock.

"Congrats, di! I am going to be mamu finally!" Kartik exclaimed, spreading the lost happiness in the entire family members face.

Mallika gasped and was more confused than Tunisha. Now Sumedh understood what might have made her upset. His hold on her hand loosened. He felt guilt for putting in her situation of insecurity.

"You are now in second trimester, Nisha. I don't want the heir of this house to undergo anymore difficulty." Kalyani patted her head.

Tunisha touched her tummy with shivering hands and tears fell down like pearl drops. Radha, Sathya, Abarna and Sangya rushed to her and hugged her in happiness.

Ram and Madhav patted her head with happy tears. Shiv and Aditya were happy as well but they were yet to overcome whatever Tunisha did without her sense.

"H...How?" Tunisha stuttered.

"When you came back from your in-laws house you said that they didn't want you since you were infertile. But I saw the glow in your face. Maybe if I had failed to see your glow that day, I would blindly believed that you became evil to take your sister's husband. When we admitted Sumedh in the hospital, you faint down when you went to restroom. I confirmed with doctor that you are pregnant. At first I thought that you knew about your pregnancy and waited for you to open up. But when things turned dirty, I and Sumedh found about your parents hand behind it. We were sure that our Tunisha could never stoop low. I was hard on you since your childhood, because I don't want the worst gene in your body to change your character any day. And I totally stopped talking with you when you adamantly married Aadhav. Because we all know their worst background. But with time Aadhav's care gave us relief. But it was Sumedh, who first talked to me about your nature. He knows you well. We acted like hating you to gain those two cheapest creatures trust on you. I am sure, if I didn't come to know about your pregnancy, I wouldn't think in this way. Then Kartik heard our talks and he was more determined to save you from them. Due to your loss of Aadhav, blinded by revenge, you even failed to notice your pregnancy. Thank god that idiots didn't come to know about your pregnancy or else they would have hurt the baby for their own benefits." Kalyani said, breaking Tunisha and Mallika more.

Both were drowing in guilt for different reasons. Mallika tried to control her emotions and wish her sister. She had dreamt of the day of coming to know about Tunisha's pregnancy and celebrate it like there was no such day in their life.

But now she wasn't in state to face anyone. Especially Sumedh. She silently went to her room without anyone notice. Sumedh looked at her disappearing figure and teardrops fell from his eyes.

"I am really a cruel creature. I was so stupid to believe them and failed to understand myself. Maybe if I had known about baby at that time itself, I would have begged Aadhav to prove my character. I was sure that he would have understood me for baby's sake. He would be alive today. He always expected a baby like me. But now he doesn't even know that he became father. Maa, I want him. I want him please! I need my Aadhav!!" Tunisha cried vigorusly closing her face with her palms.

Radha and Sathya hugged her to console her. Their eyes teared up as well, seeing her pain.

"Well, guests will come in sometime. Better take Tunisha to her room. We can manage here, Maa." Sumedh said to Radha and she nodded her head.

Tunisha wiped her tears, "No need. I will just fresh up and come."

She went from there. While crossing Mallika's room, she heard the sobbing sound. She hesitated to go and check on her. She felt shame for the deeds she did to Mallika and Sumedh.

Yet she couldn't stand and watch her sister crying. She took her hand to knock on the door but stopped. She needed time to face Mallika. She just left from there to her room.

"Where is Mallika, Sumedh?" Radha asked him, after finding her nowhere.

"She went to room, Maa. I will bring her. You guys carry on." Sumedh went to room and found it locked.

He was about to knock on the door. But she opened the door. She had washed her face. But those puffy red eyes, clearly showed that she was crying.

"Here are the dresses. You change and come. Then I will change." He handed over her the bags. He badly wanted to hug her and make her understand that he loves her only. She shouldn't have any insecurities.

But the time and situation weren't in his favor. They should be with Helly right now. They had promised her. They were only for Helly. So, he decided to talk to her late at night after function.

Mallika just nodded her head, avoiding meeting his eyes and got the bags. He was about to enter before that she shut the room door. He pouted and sat on the couch in the veranda.

After a while, Mallika came out, dressed in full sleeve maroon boat necked crop top with full embroidery and matching skirt. She drapped the duppata in the way, it could cover her tiny waist to hide her husband's artistic talent to the world.

Sumedh's jaws dropped, seeing her. But he controlled himself to not do any mischieve until he talk with her about her insecurities.

 But he controlled himself to not do any mischieve until he talk with her about her insecurities

Hello, guys.

How was the chapter?

Let's see if Sumedh could really control himself in next chapter.

Now what will happen in this love birds life?