02 ~ You are an Angel

Mallika ate in silence, her mind occupied with lots of thoughts. Shiv, her elder brother, was trying to divert the topic about Mallika's marriage for long, as her father and chachu weren't making any attempt to stop boasting about their future son in law.

"That's great, dad. Finally gonna get rid of this chipkali from our house." Kartik, younger son of Madhav pulled Mallika's leg voluntarily, seeing her lifeless face.

In return, he received a smack on his head from his mother, Sathya, but Mallika just sighed, getting up from her place. Everyone's jaw dropped to the ground when Mallika went to the kitchen and dumped the waste from her plate in the dustbin and washed her plate.

"Is this our 'I am not born to do these household works' Miku?" Sangya, her second brother Aditya's wife, said with an unbelievable look.

They all knew how childish and lazy their Mallika was. She is always dependent on her entire family members. Her sisters in law were nothing but her other mothers. More than luxury, she lived in the shower of everyone's love and over protectiveness.

She came out and said without maintaining eye contact with anyone, "There no one will take care of me like a child unlike you all. So, yeah, I should learn something to be independent."

Helly stirred the spicy paneer butter masala, as her eyes fixed on Sumedh, who had come to her house at this time of night

Helly stirred the spicy paneer butter masala, as her eyes fixed on Sumedh, who had come to her house at this time of night. He usually came to her house just to have some delicious Indian recipe apart from the fact that she was good company to him.

"Are you afraid of spilling the pearls in your mouth, if in case you open it?" She asked sarcastically, being fed up with his unannounced arrival followed by his unusual silence.

He just ignored that filled the glass with beer and put some ice in it from the fridge.

"Hey, don't drink that. I need it after hearing your nonsensical anger. And I run out of stock now, if you finish that." She grabbed the glass from him purposely, as she knew that he only drinks when he was frustrated.

When they both met four years back, he was a chain drinker. She helped him to get rid of that habit with the promise she would let him drink in an uncontrollable frustrated state.

She stocked only beer bottles to treat the visitors and give him in case of his uncontrollable need for alcohol. She occasionally drinks, if he frustrates her to the core.

"I am frustrated!" Sumedh opened his mouth for the first time since he came to her house that morning.

"And don't make me frustrated anymore." Helly retorted back and gulped the glass in a go so that he wouldn't drink.

"Fine!" He snapped at her and went to the living room to watch the cartoon series to relax.

He was a guy, who just watch news channels and educational channels most of the time. But at the time of anger, frustration and depression, he watches cartoon series to keep him calm.