18 ~ She is Mine

"I wanna marry her right now." His voice was calm.

Everyone looked at him in surprise except Mallika, who had clearly understood that something was bothering him.

"Dude, we know that you can't stay away from our Miku even a second. But until now and till your wedding, she is ours. So..." Saying so, Aditya pulled Mallika to him, which triggered Sumedh.

Everyone else laughed until Sumedh roared, "SHE IS MINE! I WANNA MARRY HER RIGHT NOW!!"

The whole house was startled. Tunisha and others came there as well. Sumedh's eyes fell on them and he pulled Mallika to him instantly.

"We are leaving." He said and started going away when others were confused about his behaviour.

Kartik held Mallika's wrist and stopped them, "Jiju, you are behaving weird. What did happen?"

"I don't want anything to happen. I don't trust you all. You will snatch my baby from me. You are all sadists! You are all cruel people. I won't lose this time." He said almost in a subconscious state and kept on repeating, "You will snatch her from me."

Mallika's eyes pooled with tears to see him in such a condition, who was behaving abnormally like mad.

Ammo came forward to him to hug and console him. But he hugged Mallika shiveringly, "No! Go away. You will harm us. Just go away!!"

Mallika felt him shiver and found his eyes filled with tears. She looked at her family helplessly and cried, hugging Sumedh.

"Sumedh beta, calm down. At least tell us about what did happen. We can solve it. And see, Mallika is all yours. Your wedding is just in three days. Why are you feeling insecure?" Ram said and went near him slowly.

"NO NO NO," Sumedh shouted continuously, crushing Mallika in his embrace.

"Baby, calm down, please." Mallika's voice trembled, as she cried more, feeling scared for him.

He calms down a little, hearing her. But ended up losing his consciousness. Ram and Mallika both held him before he fell.

Vasudev and Rohini approached Mallika's family, who were waiting outside ICU

Vasudev and Rohini approached Mallika's family, who were waiting outside ICU. Mallika was a crying mess, how much ever others tried to cheer her up.

"R...Ram Ji, what did happen to him?" Vasudev's voice was laced with worry. Rohini was desperate to get a single glance at her son.

He narrated the whole scenario to Vasudev and said, "We brought him to hospital, like the way he behaved... we didn't wish to take any chance with his health."

He rubbed his forehead with his forehead unsure about what he could say at that moment.

"Let's cancel this wedding, uncle. We don't want our Miku to marry an unstable person." Kartik said, breaking them more.

"This isn't a time to talk that, Kartik. Behave yourself." Ammo said sternly and looked at them, "Sorry on his behalf. We will leave that matter to later. Now be strong. Sumedh will be fine."

Vasudev and Rohini could understand very well that they weren't ready to get their daughter to marry her son after all happened today. Even if they were in their position they would decide the same. So, they remained silent and waited for the doctor.

But their heart pricked on how they would console his son, who fell into such a condition when he just felt insecure about losing Mallika. It would be hard for him more than he had imagined.

Just then the doctor came out and said to them while scribbling something on a letter pad, "He is fine now. We had taken several tests and we concluded that he had undergone some kind of pain, which made him cautious about his things. Upon hearing what had happened before he faints, it is that he wasn't ready to face the same pain once again. All we can say is that this girl is only his medicine right now. Later, we will give him treatment to get out of his fear. It may lead to depression if we leave him like this."

The doctor's words left Vasudev and Rohini shattered. Tears spilt from their eyes because they couldn't give him his medicine. They didn't have any courage to ask Mallika's hand for him for their selfish reasons.

Mallika's family members also felt bad and they wished him to get well soon. But they hesitated to get Mallika married to him.

"Shall I see him, Doctor?" Mallika asked, gaining others attention.

"Yes, you can." She got up and took baby steps toward the ICU.

"Badi Ma, just tell her to stop there. Why should she see him?" Kartik huffed.

"Love." Radha said blankly and continued, "She will make the decision. She isn't a kid anymore. I know you all care for her. But don't cage her with your care."

Tunisha rolled her eyes and murmured, "Such a cringy family."

Mallika closed the door behind her and looked at Sumedh, who was sleeping peacefully. She smiled faintly and moved to him.

She sat on the bed near him and took his left hand in his. Bending down, she kissed his forehead.

"What did happen to you, Baby? You had freaked me out, do you know? I just can't see you in such a fragile condition. Do you know what? You are the first person in my life, I trust blindly. I just want you to be the last person as well. I need your lap until my last breath in this world, Sumedh. Why can't you just pour your heart? Don't you trust me?" She slowly locked her pinky finger with his and smiled.

"I just want our fingers to be locked like this forever. If I am your medicine, I will cure you for sure." She ruffled his hair and got down from the bed.

She started moving away from him, but he gripped her pinky finger with his tightly in a subconscious state.

"I will come back." She said and removed his finger.

Everyone's eyes shot up when Mallika opened the door. Vasudev and Rohini looked at her impatiently, just to hear that Sumedh was fine. They didn't dare to meet him with the bad news.

But they looked at Mallika with a thankful smile when she declared, "I will marry Sumedh today evening at temple."

So, their journey is going to start very soon