44 ~ How Cute!

Mallika was standing on Helly's side. Sumedh was standing on Kartik's side. As Helly and Kartik exchanged rings, Sumedh and Mallika's eyes met for a second and cheered for them along with their family.

Even Tunisha's parents beamed with joy, as they planned to use Kartik, who loves Tunisha blindly and drain the whole wealth of Singhania. But Tunisha was zoned out.

Her eyes were just on Sumedh and Mallika, who were just looking at each other with overflowing love in their eyes. She was burning in jealousy seeing them.

"Let's fix the nearest date for the wedding, Ammo. Until then Helly will stay with us." Vasudev said and side-hugged Helly.

"Yes. Also, my heart will be at ease, seeing my last grandson getting married. But one more thing is there. I wish to see my great-grandchildren of Mallika and Kartik soon." Both the couples blushed at her statement.

After dinner, Everyone left to their respective houses

After dinner, Everyone left to their respective houses. As said, Helly went with Sumedh's parents.

Sumedh filled the water bottle and came to the bedroom. His eyes fell on Mallika, who was standing on the balcony. She was staring at the moon blankly.

Keeping the bottle on the nightstand, Sumedh went to her. His hands instantly wrapped around her waist and kept his chin on her right side shoulder.

"Aren't you feeling sleepy?" Mallika shook her head, as she exhaled a deep breath.

"What is bothering my angel?" He removed the hair stuck to her nape and kissed there gently.

She closed her eyes, feeling his lips, "Nothing, Sumi. I feel confused."

"Confused on what?" He made her turn to him and held her both hands.

"Confused about what I am doing right now? I feel like I had chosen wrongly to study. I feel awkward coming to college. I feel uncomfortable. Uneasy. Irritation." Wrinkles on her forehead said how much she was frustrated.

He placed his lips on her forehead, squeezing her both palms soothingly. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Relax. If you don't wanna study then you can discontinue. Don't frustrate yourself, please. Be calm. Don't overthink. Let's take a week off. We haven't gone anywhere after our wedding. We will go on a honeymoon and return the day before Kartik and Helly's wedding. What do you say?" He held her shoulder and looked into her eyes.

"But college..." He cut her off and said, "I will take care of that. Just you and me for this one week. Nothing else."

She smiled, as he took her lips for a soulful kiss. They didn't think that their life would reach this unexplainable love-filled phase someday. But today they were living it.

They both settled in the bed and covered themselves with the duvet, discussing their trip.

"Where would you like to go?" Sumedh pulled her to his chest and wrapped his hands around her, keeping his chin on her head.