15 ~ Drop Dead Gorgeous

"How could you?! How could you never mention about your workplace to me?!" Mallika screamed at the top of her voice over the phone, making Sumedh sigh.

Her family members had tried their level best to make her understand that living in another country wouldn't make any difference in their relationship and the amount of love they shower on her.

But she wasn't ready to hear any of them. She was hell-bent to cancel this wedding. Yet, she didn't know why she was expecting Sumedh to explain instead of straight away cancelling the wedding.

"Baby, I will shift to India soon. You can be with your parents at your house after the wedding too when I go out of the station for my work. Relax, okay?" Though Sumedh could explain to her that they weren't that close to sharing each other's personals in detail and besides they both hadn't spent so much time to share all those things, he preferred to straight away calm her down with the thing, which would make her happy.

Though he didn't wish to leave her after their marriage even for a second, he put her happiness at first. He knew that things need time to happen. He wasn't ready to miss his angel at any cost.

Mallika fell silent after hearing him. She felt guilt for making him adjust for her sake. Besides, she liked this behaviour.

"And see I have to leave next week for Canada. But I am sure, I can come back soon. Yet I will ask mom dad to postpone our wedding. You can be with your family till then. Happy?" She smiled instantly, hearing him, "It's fine. I can stay with my parents even after the wedding. But if our parents want us to get married now, we can."

He smiled at the other side and they continued their talking. Whereas, Tunisha banged her room door after hearing Mallika's conversation with Sumedh.

Sathya looked at the locked room door and turned her gaze to Ammo shiveringly. She was glaring at Sathya, making others confuse.

"Ammo, I am watching you since morning. Why are you behaving weirdly with Sathya?" Ram voiced out everyone else's thoughts.

"Haven't you told them all about your daughter's truth, Sathya?" She asked her in a calm yet dangerous voice.

Sathya shook her head nervously and gave a saree for Mallika to Abarna and Sangya, "You both go and make Miku ready with these things. We have to leave in some time to Sumedh's house."

They both nodded their head and went to Mallika's room. Everyone else was silent except Kartik, as he had never liked his dadi's cold behaviour towards his sister since their childhood.

She had never scolded Tunisha. But she never showed her full love towards her. There was always a limit, whereas she showered tonnes of love to her other grandchildren.

"Ammo, what is your problem now? Di is already in pain of separation from Jiju. Now you are accusing her of no reason. Why can't you let her live happily? Why are you showing partiality to her always?" He argued.

"Because she is a venom since birth." Kalyani thought but remained silent, looking at Sathya.

"Ammo, please." She sighed and continued, "We have a lot of work for Mallika's wedding. First, let this all over, then I will do the right thing with Tunisha. I agree, I had done a huge mistake in my life. But please, now it isn't time to make me pay for it."

She left from there with tears in her eyes, leaving Shiv, Aditya and Kartik in confusion. Whereas others shared a mysterious look about what was happening with Tunisha and Sathya except to Kalyani.

 Whereas others shared a mysterious look about what was happening with Tunisha and Sathya except to Kalyani

Sumedh was doing his work, sitting at the garden table. He was very much into the work that he didn't realise Mallika, who was standing just near him.

She cleared her throat to gain his attention and for some reason, she was feeling shy to stand in front of him in the saree.

He looked up from the laptop and his eyes got stuck on Mallika who was drop-dead gorgeous in the mild transparent embroidered saree.

As usual, her hair was flowing behind her back and her forehead was covered with short hair here and there.

With minimal makeup and a shy smile, she was looking like an angel from heaven. He just smiled and closed the laptop.

"Hi, Jas! When did you come? Where are others?" As soon as those words left his mouth, she huffed and went from there, leaving him confused.

"She is proving herself as a kid every time with her cute antics and childish anger." He chuckled and went to his room to get ready since he was just in his nightdress.

"Whether your parents haven't come, Vasudev Ji?" Kalyani asked once they all settled in the living room.

"Ammo, My dad is no more and My Mom... I never let her decide our family matter. It's not that I don't follow elders orders. But She is kind of orthodox, who follows stupid things. And just call me and Rohini by our name." Vasudev smiled.

Kalyani nodded her head with a smile and observed their house. Soon, Sumedh joined them as well in casuals.

Mallika looked at him for a second and turned away her gaze from him. He smiled and sat beside her after greeting others.

"What did happen to my baby girl?" He whispered. She shrugged her shoulders and was just looking at the priest, who was fixing the date for engagement and wedding.

"Aww! How cute?" He whispered once again and that's it.

She turned to him and started hitting his chest with his tiny palms, "I haven't looked cute to your eyes due to this saree. You didn't even call me a BABY. Instead, JAS! But when I am angry, you will tell me as cute!"

"Mallika!" Ammo called sternly to remind her about the surroundings.

"It's fine, Ammo. She is my baby after all. Okay, I will call you baby only. And yes, you look drop-dead gorgeous in this saree." He held her palms and kissed her knuckles, making her blush and others have a shy smile on their face to see the newly turning love birds.

"Why don't you guys give mangalsutra in this boy's hand now itself?" Priest teased, remembering everyone about his presence.

I just love this caring Sumedh and his baby Mallika.

Happy Birthday, WonderfulAnya

Many more happy returns of the day, dear❤